Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

property lines

Old 06-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: property lines

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I see no more difference in this scenario than if your car broke down and you went to the farmers house to ask to use his phone to call for a tow truck.If he is not home do you go in and use his phone,I mean your really not hurting any thing are you?

Yea I know you'd use your cell,but thats not the point now is it.
No I really don't the two are that simalar,there is a difference.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Past actions dictate which neighbors are allowed unrestricted access rights.
That said, there are only 2 (of 8 different groups) that have such permission.
Most of the rest can recover ONLY if they contact us first.
There are 2 that will not be allowed under any conditions and will be in court if they try.
All have put themselves in their respective postions.

Steve
I can see that being the case.Some people bring it on themseves trhough their actions .
Old 06-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

But on the other hand, just because you have had a bad experience with one person doesnt really justify denying anyone else the right of retrieval. It is kind of like refusing to let the neighbors kid come into your yard to get his soccer ball just because another neighbor kid soaped your windows during Halloween.
Hmmmm. Mind telling me where this "right of retrival" law exsists in the Virginia game laws, or Virginia civil laws? Another state perhaps. Your state maybe? Do you get upset when neighbors ride their ATV's all over your property without your permission?It's not a matter of a bad experience with one person. It's a matter of too many folks taking liberties with a privilege. So I control the privilege. As do most land owners. Had a friend a few years backwho almost got killed on his own land hunting, by a trespasser. Fella claimed he was "tracking a woundeddeer", and thought my bud was his game. Imagine that? He was prosecuted, and lucky he didn't go to jail forfelony assalt charges.