Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

property lines

Old 06-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: property lines

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

ORIGINAL: treboryerf

ORIGINAL: Lubricious

I wouldnt say no and I didnt see a single person in the other thread that said they would say no. The problem is when people dont ask permission before hand and just waltz right in there. Nothing but problems can come from this type of behavior. If you hunt a piece of land and theres a chance a deer could cross onto someone elses property, you should have written permission from that landowner stating that you can retrieve wounded game from his land. This is day 1 stuff.
So you don't know your neighbors well enough that you could go onto their property and retrieve a downed deer without written permission? that seems odd to me is all because I have no problem if someone came on my property to retrieve a deer and vice versa and if I happened to see them I would help recover said animal.
Well like we said, as long as they have permission. If they are a friend, I'd still rather they let me know when they are on the property.
I can understand that ,but what if your not around.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, you make a good point. Leaving me a message on the phone or writing a note and sticking it on my door would be fine. Thats what I do when I hunt my grandfathers land while he isn't around.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Typical Buck

OK CHRIS sounds good ,you would be a good hunting neighbor to have around ,thanks.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks man.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldnt say no and I didnt see a single person in the other thread that said they would say no. The problem is when people dont ask permission before hand and just waltz right in there. Nothing but problems can come from this type of behavior. If you hunt a piece of land and theres a chance a deer could cross onto someone elses property, you should have written permission from that landowner stating that you can retrieve wounded game from his land. This is day 1 stuff.
So you don't know your neighbors well enough that you could go onto their property and retrieve a downed deer without written permission? that seems odd to me is all because I have no problem if someone came on my property to retrieve a deer and vice versa and if I happened to see them I would help recover said animal.
Well like we said, as long as they have permission. If they are a friend, I'd still rather they let me know when they are on the property.
Thats why you get it before the season or well before the hunt. Get some face time with the owner so he isnt eyeballing you cause hes never seen you or your truck. Have you ever had a warden approach you to see if you were supposed to be in an area? Written permission solves that. Ever had a nosey neighbor call the cops on you cause they didnt recognize you? These are the kind of problems I was refering to.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Typical Buck

Thats why you get it before the season or well before the hunt. Get some face time with the owner so he isnt eyeballing you cause hes never seen you or your truck. Have you ever had a warden approach you to see if you were supposed to be in an area? Written permission solves that. Ever had a nosey neighbor call the cops on you cause they didnt recognize you? These are the kind of problems I was refering to.
You must not know your neighbors very well I guess,it's just that around here where I live and hunt everybody knows everybody and there is really no need for written permission unless maybe we let a guest hunt on the property,even the game warden knows me by sight,hell he's been to my house.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

You must not know your neighbors very well I guess,it's just that around here where I live and hunt everybody knows everybody and there is really no need for written permission unless maybe we let a guest hunt on the property,even the game warden knows me by sight,hell he's been to my house.
Thats completely understandable. I just happen to live far away from my families property. Everybody knows everybody down there. Sometimes I feel kinda dumb because people know me by name down there, and I have no clue who they are [8D]
Old 06-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Typical Buck

I guess if I hunted where i wasn't known I would have to do things differently,but I would make it a point to try and get to know whoever I was hunting around and who was hunting around me.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never really thought of that, but now that you mention it, I should make an effort to do so.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

As long as they ask I'm fine with it. I'm going with them also to make sure there after that particular deer! If I caught them on my land without permission tracking a deer I'd kick there ass off faster then flys on you know what! I would then go get the deer myself and personally deliver it to them!
So you want them to ask you before they retrieve the deer thats ok I guess,but aren't these your neighbors that you know or are they not known to you by sight.I could understand your point of view if you were hunting land where you did not know who was hunting around you.
Weather I know them or not they better ask 1st! Its the rules in my woods and they know it. If they can't play by the rules as I've laid out them then they are not welcome on my land period. Not all neighboring land owners are all buddy's. We've had some real losers through out the years that think they can do anything they want just because were neighbors, heck I've caught them in my tree stands I've put up! That was the last straw so anyone that wants on my land better be asking 1st. I've got a ton of respect for people who ask for permission if they have a deer that crosses into my land. Like I said I'll go with them and help them get there deer.

Quick Reply: property lines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.