Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok, this is a bit crazy....

Old 06-07-2008, 05:39 AM

Default RE: OK, this is a bit crazy....

from whathe told me, yeh, it was a pay for what you want to shoot deal. I don't know if it was high fenced or not. Like I said, if a man wants to fork it out and it means that much to him, go ahead. In the end what has he done?? He has paid to hunt a deer, not many deer, but one deer. All he did was cut out the homework and went straight for the test. I have never done it, and probably will never have a chance to do it if i wanted too, but just like Encyclopedia said, he has and he gets more enjoyment from his own efforts in NH than in Texas.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:43 AM

Default RE: Ok, this is a bit crazy....

I don't have an issue with going on a trip, but i do have a have an issue I guess with paying for a certain deer. I wouldn't do it and yes, I will say that it is souless to do it. Ok, well everyone can jump on me.... seriously, a paid trip is cool, but to pay a certain amount for a certain deer??? that does take away from the guys who do it the old fashion way....
Old 06-07-2008, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I don't have an issue with going on a trip, but i do have a have an issue I guess with paying for a certain deer. I wouldn't do it and yes, I will say that it is souless to do it. Ok, well everyone can jump on me.... seriously, a paid trip is cool, but to pay a certain amount for a certain deer??? that does take away from the guys who do it the old fashion way....
Well put Va. That's how I see it as well.When I go up north, I'm the one sitting in a tree stand for 10 hours in 10-20 degree weather waiting for a CHANCE at a big buck, no guarentee's!
Old 06-07-2008, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I have always said if I ever have any disposeable income
(not likely)I would like totravel and go hunt. I expect it would cost several thousand dollars and I have no problem with that as long as Iwason a free range hunt with good lodging, good guides(or semi guided), and had an oppurtunity to hunt some prime land that held exceptional deer. I feel like I would be paying more for the oppurtunity than anything and I have no problem with that.

I wouldn't hunt a fenced area but I know some that would and they are friends so as much as I wouldn't do it I don't really care if they do. If they want to pay the money to sit in a pen with a guide in the box blind telling them what each buck costs as it makes its way to the feeding trough that's fine just don't come home telling me any "huntung" stories.

Here is what $15,000 will buy you. My buddy, his dad, and grandda killed these on a "hunt" like the one I just described. Breeder bucks, pens, they name the deer, the whole nine. Note the tags still on the racks.

To each their own just not for me.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Don't know the real answer to that question, Never had more money than my bill collectors wanted anyway--ButI guess if I had more money than bills I would probaly buy or lease land somewhere I could grow some big bucks!!! Would I go on a pay hunt?? I just don't know!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not for me. Those fences are expensive, How high was the fence?
Old 06-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Id not spend that much on one Deer, but drop it in a heart beat plus some for some prime hunting land
Old 06-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

for that price you could go on an elk trip of a lifetime!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

well if it was a free range hunt and you have the money more power to you I don't want to shoot one behind a fence but I am paying 3,000 for a hunt in Illinois this year, 9,000 is a little out of my range but if the guy has the money and theres no fences who cares as long as he's happy.