Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My bear is finally done!!! Updated with wall pics on page 7

Old 06-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: My bear is finally done!!!

Fantastic looking bear and mount!

To be perfectly honest with you....it's too nice to put on the floor. I'd be too afraid it would get ruined. If it were mine I'd find a way to put it on the wall. Either that or I'd make the room it was in "off limits" to the rest of the family.

Congrats again, I remember you posting about this bear/wait.....Glad you finally got it!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

8 yrs?!?! Wow!

Great looking bear.
Thanks Rory and Pat!

Stikbow,

18 8/16, thats a biggin! Congrats man! I wanted to do a full mount on this one too. He quoted me 1200.00 on a full mount, I should of done it but then again I may have never gotten in back. No I didn't bring my 07' buck there, no way in hell! I brought it to a different Taxidermist that just specializes in Whitetails. I had my buck back in 4.5 months.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fantastic looking bear and mount!

To be perfectly honest with you....it's too nice to put on the floor. I'd be too afraid it would get ruined. If it were mine I'd find a way to put it on the wall. Either that or I'd make the room it was in "off limits" to the rest of the family.

Congrats again, I remember you posting about this bear/wait.....Glad you finally got it!
Thanks bud!! It won't be on the floor for too long. I've got to get some rings and sew it to the underside of all the feet and also the head. When I get it up on the wall (white wall) I'll post a pic.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bout Time! Glad you got it all worked out... Looks Great.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice Rug Steve!!!

All's well that ends well!

Dan
Old 06-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Steve my man, now that's a bear rug right there!!! I'm happy for you. That smacked ass did a great job, I must say. I know you work hard for your trophies, and you deserve the best quality work. I have say you must have more patience than me because I would have beat his door down a loooooong time ago. But like they say, good things come to those who wait. And wait you did!! Congrats.
Yes the ass did a great job I guess! My patience was running very low, I was ecstatic but I could never get a hold of the SOB. But like you said sometimes good things come to those who wait, usually its not me but I'll take credit for it this time! Thanks allot Jeff, it means allot coming from you!

Bob, you've hunted whitetails in Wisconsin, do some bear hunting some year. Thanks for the congrats! I'll post this in the Traditional forum too.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

8 years!!!!!! are you sure its even the same Bear???

looks good...youll have to get a few more tho,,,thenpull thatcarpet out.

you can have Bearskin Carpet instead of rug.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great bear, Glad you finally got him.....after 8 years, what are the odds. If I were you I'd go out and buy some lottery tickets.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Schultzy-That is AWESOME! I remember reading about the problems you were having getting him to finish it up. Glad to see it is finally home and that it looks great. Congrats again!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow that thing is HUGE. I cant believe it took him 8 years...thats crazy.

Awesome rug though, congrats

Quick Reply: My bear is finally done!!! Updated with wall pics on page 7

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.