Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High Price Of Gas, etc., Go A Hunt Or Not?

Old 06-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: High Price Of Gas, etc., Go A Hunt Or Not?

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Hey guys this thread isn't about me so don't worry about what your saying. If you can do it, go for it!! I'm just one who can't. Such is life, **** happens!
Thanks Steve, but the facts are the facts. Hunting is going to cost more, which is the premise (sp) for this thread,for many hunters because of gas/economy changes that are taking place. We can't hide from it. See my previous post.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: recurver167

We send guys to the moon and back but we can't make gas for less then $4 or $5.00 a gallon.[:@] BULL$HIT
We haven't even been to the moon really[8D]That was staged in AZ.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Might cost me more for equipment i need ,couse gas raises up prices on everything ,but i consider myself lucky to have few places to hunt around 30 minutes from me tops so fuel in vehicleis not a issue .
i feel bad for all the hunters and fisherman that travel long distances .
Hope luck is on your side guys and bag a big one early.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: huntingson

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: huntingson

If you put it into perspective, the increased cost for gas is really not that much.
No offense, but you've got to be tripping on shrumes or something!!Last year I filled my tank for like $50, now it's like $100. Youthink it's not that much?
We were discussing going on a hunt to begin this post. Like your trip to Alberta that you said costs $5000. Are the increase gas prices really that big of an expense when you compare it to the $5000 to go hunting? No, and that is why I said "perspective".

Schultzy, obviously I see your point and you have my sympathy, but I was speaking about simply getting to a hunt; nothing else involved or considered. I certainly did not mean or intend to tell you anything about your personal situation.
No, it's not really that big of a deal for me as I stated in my first post reguarding this thread, asI only live 13 miles from where I hunt. The thing is I'm flying to Alberta, not driving, which would makea HUGE difference in that hunt. Wouldn't you agree with this thinking?
It would cost a hell of a lot more to drive there, hotel stops/stayovers, gas, food ect, than the $600 plane ticket that's included in with that $5000 hunt cost you mentioned.
You hit the nail on the head once again Jeff!! Great point.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

(skipped to this point in the convee so if I'm not on the same page...)

Finally getting a deer sled/family fourth car that gets 35 miles per. Really looking forward to not spending so much just to get places which are many and far apart. Double the milage of my current meat wagon.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

Only live once!

I will hunt as much as possible this year, much like the others.

Yes it will cost more, no, it won't stop me.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

No doubt! Those that scoff at $100 I just don't get it. thats a lot of money in my house. My family is middle class. Between my wife and I we do OK. But $100 isn't pocket change. When changes of that much money happen in my household we have to talk about it, we can't just shrug that off! It must be nice to be rich and think $100 ain't squat!
I want to make my first post clearer...I certainly don't scoff at 100 bucks. Heck I work several days to earn that in alot of cases. But on the other hand, I dont go on 5000 dollar trips either.

All I was pointing out was if someone is going to book a trip somewhere for 5000 dollars, the extra 100 dollars in gas to get there shouldn't dictate whether that person can go or not. If 100 dollars busts the trip budget that bad, the trip shouldnt be planned in the first place.

It is the local driving around hunting trips where it eats at you and really changes your thinking. This mainly because gas is the main expense of hunting locally. You dont have to pay a guide to hunt locally. No hotel rooms, no eating out, no out of state tags, no extra expenses. You already have the gear, it just takes gas to go hunting....so it is more noticed.

Schultzy, keep at it bro. I've got a feeling pretty soon all shipping rates will have to go up to compensate...If they don't, bad things will happen to the middle man trucking companies such as yourself. Try not to let the gas get to you come September, I'm looking forward to hearing the bear hunting stories.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

It won't keep me from bear hunting Trevor, I assure you that one!!! Thanks for caring.

Where the heck has Kyle been?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:12 PM

PM sent.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:45 PM

I hear the wardens don't have enough money to patrol www.gamewarden.us

Quick Reply: High Price Of Gas, etc., Go A Hunt Or Not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.