Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High Price Of Gas, etc., Go A Hunt Or Not?

Old 06-04-2008, 11:12 AM

Default RE: High Price Of Gas, etc., Go A Hunt Or Not?

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

The "media" is claiming within the next year that gas prices will be over $5 a gallon.
Guess what? I hateto say, it'll be there sooner than that, much sooner, if it keepsat it's current pace.People talk like they are non-believers in this "recession thing", like it doesn't exist. Did you hear about the four, I think it is,GM plants that will be closing? How about the trucking companies that have already closed their doors? And yes, you'll start seeing airlines (I got my Air Canada tickets months ago)going belly up pretty soon as well! As much as I hate to admit it, this isVERY REAL!!
I think there are two subjects here. The overall effect of the fuel prices on the economy....there's no doubt that it is. But, my responses are directed at the cost of going on a single hunt.....the rising fuel prices shouldn't affect it one bit.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

The "media" is claiming within the next year that gas prices will be over $5 a gallon.
Guess what? I hateto say, it'll be there sooner than that, much sooner, if it keepsat it's current pace.People talk like they are non-believers in this "recession thing", like it doesn't exist. Did you hear about the four, I think it is,GM plants that will be closing? How about the trucking companies that have already closed their doors? And yes, you'll start seeing airlines (I got my Air Canada tickets months ago)going belly up pretty soon as well! As much as I hate to admit it, this isVERY REAL!!
You damn right it is Jeff!! People laugh about it which surprises me. 100.00 dollars is a 100.00 dollars. Its just not the fuel prices that are up, its everything else involved with the fuel as well. It all adds up and kicks your ass in the end!! Its a frickin joke with these diesel and gas prices, yet its legal to do![:@]
Yea Shultzy, I don't get it either. Prices on EVERYTHING are going up, yet peoplestill want to down play it!! I want say I feel especially bad for you because I realize it could put an end to the way you make your living, and if that's not serious chit, I don't know what the hell is!! I hope things will work out for you though Schultzy, you're a good man!!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: _Dan

I think there are two subjects here. The overall effect of the fuel prices on the economy....there's no doubt that it is. But, my responses are directed at the cost of going on a single hunt.....the rising fuel prices shouldn't affect it one bit.
I do understand kind of where you and Tembry are coming from Dan.

Everyones different on there ways, nothing is wrong or right but I do not see a problem with being a tight ass. I love my bow hunting more then anything, heck I use to be gone half the month of August and the whole month of September bear and elk hunting. Times have changed for me because of the rising diesel price which I've talked with you about. I could still go on that elk hunting trip but it would take away from my other funds that need to be taken care of. If I wasn't in the business I'm in now I might think about it and possibly go on that extra trip every now and then.

These fuel prices will never keep me from hunting, they'll just slow me down and a few other people as well. What comes around goes around, thats the scary part!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

You damn right it is Jeff!! People laugh about it which surprises me. 100.00 dollars is a 100.00 dollars. Its just not the fuel prices that are up, its everything else involved with the fuel as well. It all adds up and kicks your ass in the end!! Its a frickin joke with these diesel and gas prices, yet its legal to do![:@]
Yea Shultzy, I don't get it either. Prices on EVERYTHING are going up, yet peoplestill want to down play it!! I want say I feel especially bad for you because I realize it could put an end to the way you make your living, and if that's not serious chit, I don't know what the hell is!! I hope things will work out for you though Schultzy, you're a good man!!
You know what Jeff, if it works out thats great! If it don't, Its not the end of the world either I guess. Thanks for caring though, I really apreciate it!! Your alright yourself Jeff. Good luck this fall when you head on up there!!
Old 06-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

my bowhunting spot is only 30-45 minute drive so i'll be O.K.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: _Dan

I do understand kind of where you and Tembry are coming from Dan.

Everyones different on there ways, nothing is wrong or right but I do not see a problem with being a tight ass. I love my bow hunting more then anything, heck I use to be gone half the month of August and the whole month of September bear and elk hunting. Times have changed for me because of the rising diesel price which I've talked with you about. I could still go on that elk hunting trip but it would take away from my other funds that need to be taken care of. If I wasn't in the business I'm in now I might think about it and possibly go on that extra trip every now and then.

These fuel prices will never keep me from hunting, they'll just slow me down and a few other people as well. What comes around goes around, thats the scary part!
Steve, you and a few others are the exception to the rule around here. The price of fuel is directly affecting your job.

I guess we could go on and on about this, but one thing is true.....the rising price of fuel sucks.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingson

If you put it into perspective, the increased cost for gas is really not that much.
No offense, but you've got to be tripping on shrumes or something!!Last year I filled my tank for like $50, now it's like $100. Youthink it's not that much?
We were discussing going on a hunt to begin this post. Like your trip to Alberta that you said costs $5000. Are the increase gas prices really that big of an expense when you compare it to the $5000 to go hunting? No, and that is why I said "perspective".

Schultzy, obviously I see your point and you have my sympathy, but I was speaking about simply getting to a hunt; nothing else involved or considered. I certainly did not mean or intend to tell you anything about your personal situation.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you put it into perspective, the increased cost for gas is really not that much.
No offense, but you've got to be tripping on shrumes or something!!Last year I filled my tank for like $50, now it's like $100. Youthink it's not that much?
We were discussing going on a hunt to begin this post. Like your trip to Alberta that you said costs $5000. Are the increase gas prices really that big of an expense when you compare it to the $5000 to go hunting? No, and that is why I said "perspective".

Schultzy, obviously I see your point and you have my sympathy, but I was speaking about simply getting to a hunt; nothing else involved or considered. I certainly did not mean or intend to tell you anything about your personal situation.
No, it's not really that big of a deal for me as I stated in my first post reguarding this thread, asI only live 13 miles from where I hunt. The thing is I'm flying to Alberta, not driving, which would makea HUGE difference in that hunt. Wouldn't you agree with this thinking?
It would cost a hell of a lot more to drive there, hotel stops/stayovers, gas, food ect, than the $600 plane ticket that's included in with that $5000 hunt cost you mentioned.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys this thread isn't about me so don't worry about what your saying. If you can do it, go for it!! I'm just one who can't. Such is life, **** happens!
Old 06-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

We send guys to the moon and back but we can't make gas for less then $4 or $5.00 a gallon.[:@] BULL$HIT

Quick Reply: High Price Of Gas, etc., Go A Hunt Or Not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.