Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High Price Of Gas, etc., Go A Hunt Or Not?

Old 06-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: High Price Of Gas, etc., Go A Hunt Or Not?

ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: early in

No Dan, but gas is more than $4 a gallon around here now.
What is it? Back home its $3.97. Up here its about $5 to $5.10 a gallon.....that trip to Alberta will be a little more expensive fomr me this yea....but it'll be worth it.
Dan, I just did aGoogle search, and on a graph of gas prices, it has the average price per gallon of gas at $2.20 on 1/28/07.

Ok, you caught the tater....but wait....that was almost 2 hunting seasons ago.

So, how much more is it compared to last fall?
OK Dan, I'll play.If you look back in my post, you'll see I said "last year", I didn't specify a specific time last year did I? I think you get the gist of what I said.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

No Doubt the price of Gas will curtail most guys hunting. I try to cut down all the driving I can. I am still planning on making the trips this year but I have already modified hunts the following year.

It's a shame when you go hunt and the most expensive thing to deal with is the cost of fuel getting there. It makes a lot of the tags seem like a bargain anymore.

Dan
Old 06-04-2008, 08:11 AM

What is it? Back home its $3.97. Up here its about $5 to $5.10 a gallon.....that trip to Alberta will be a little more expensive fomr me this yea....but it'll be worth it.
Dan, I just did aGoogle search, and on a graph of gas prices, it has the average price per gallon of gas at $2.20 on 1/28/07.

OK Dan, I'll play.If you look back in my post, you'll see I said "last year", I didn't specify a specific time last year did I? I think you get the gist of what I said.
Fine, you win.....I'll take my ball and go play elsewhere.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: huntingson

If you put it into perspective, the increased cost for gas is really not that much. If your tank is 25 gallons and gas is $1 more per gallon, then each fill up is only an extra $25. So even for a hunt 1500 miles away you are only talking a couple hundred extra bucks. When the cost of the hunt, tags, etc are much more than that. Plus, when making trips like that I am normally splitting gas a few ways anyway.
When your job is effected 100% by the diesel prices it well and does have an effect on where you go hunting.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you put it into perspective, the increased cost for gas is really not that much.
No offense, but you've got to be tripping on shrumes or something!!
No kidding![8D]
Old 06-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Nearly any travel other than short trips is off my radar, fortunately there's high deer densities where I live.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

If you put it into perspective, the increased cost for gas is really not that much. If your tank is 25 gallons and gas is $1 more per gallon, then each fill up is only an extra $25. So even for a hunt 1500 miles away you are only talking a couple hundred extra bucks. When the cost of the hunt, tags, etc are much more than that. Plus, when making trips like that I am normally splitting gas a few ways anyway.
When your job is effected 100% by the diesel prices it well and does have an effect on where you go hunting.
Very true.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fine, you win.....I'll take my ball and go play elsewhere.
Dan the man! That was funny as hell.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

I am lucky enough to have a place to hunt just 5 minutes from the house. But with gas prices the way they are, Iwould defenitely be trading in the full size pickup for a smaller one if I wasn't as fortunate as I am with a place to hunt so close to home.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

It'll have some effect, but it won't on me. Like what's already been said, if I'm already spending all of this time and money to go hunting, an extra $100 or even $200 hundred bucks isn't going to change my mind.

Now if it was $10/gal gas, then yes, it would definately change my plans.

Quick Reply: High Price Of Gas, etc., Go A Hunt Or Not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.