Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High Price Of Gas, etc., Go A Hunt Or Not?

Old 06-04-2008, 07:25 AM

Default RE: High Price Of Gas, etc., Go A Hunt Or Not?

I'm very fortunate that most of my hunting is now done within five miles of my house. Aparent ofone of the kids on my daughters little leaguesoftball team just got back from a bear hunt inMaine. He got a nice onewith his bow.He's already bookedit again for next yearand I might be joining him. My wife saw the price and didn't even bat an eye. She knows I've wanted to this for a very long timeand said go for it. I'vegot a year to save up. The point is that I've never had the chance to hunt outside of my home state and I do not care what the price of gas is. I'll just consider it part of the deal and put a little extra away to cover it.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's going to hurt this year, that's for sure. I'm planning on probably hunting close to home for several weekends up until prime time. After Halloween I'll still be driving but man it's expensive now.........Costs me roughly $80 round trip to drive to my camp and back. [&:]
Old 06-04-2008, 07:28 AM

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: huntingson

If you put it into perspective, the increased cost for gas is really not that much.
No offense, but you've got to be tripping on shrumes or something!!Last year I filled my tank for like $50, now it's like $100. Youthink it's not that much?
No offense EI, but are you trippin? Gas wasn't $2 a gallon last year.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

No Dan, but gas is more than $4 a gallon around here now.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was watching a show on bio diesel. They were taking cooking oil and making fuel out of it, heck we got so many fryers within 10 miles of my house that I could start my own fuel company and diesels are going cheap these days on the used market.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:33 AM

What is it? Back home its $3.97. Up here its about $5 to $5.10 a gallon.....that trip to Alberta will be a little more expensive fomr me this yea....but it'll be worth it.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: _Dan

What is it? Back home its $3.97. Up here its about $5 to $5.10 a gallon.....that trip to Alberta will be a little more expensive fomr me this yea....but it'll be worth it.
Dan, I just did aGoogle search, and on a graph of gas prices, it has the average price per gallon of gas at $2.20 on 1/28/07.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt 5 1/2 hours from my house and I have continued to make the trip every other month in the off season but I tend to stay longer, I will do this during season as well, I will still go just as I did last year but I will try to stay longer and get more days hunting for the same trip. I am sure I will cut back in other areas of expenses to continue tohunt as I want. I too am booking a bear hunt for 09' in Ontario (driving) but it will be split 3-4 ways as well. I will cut back if I have to on something else to makeup for the fuel if needed but I won't change my hunting habits unless I loose my job or something major like that.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gas prices are going to hurt the wallet this year. I hunt 2 1/2 hours from the house, so between gas, lodging, and food, I am looking at $200-$250weekends. I don't care who you are, that has to hurt. It cost me just a little over $160 to fill my truck from E to F, that is at $3.97 a gallon. I seen yesterday that prices are now around $4.10 a gallon. It does not mean I am going to hunt less, it just mean it is going to hurt more!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:52 AM

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Dan, I just did aGoogle search, and on a graph of gas prices, it has the average price per gallon of gas at $2.20 on 1/28/07.

Ok, you caught the tater....but wait....that was almost 2 hunting seasons ago.

So, how much more is it compared to last fall?

Quick Reply: High Price Of Gas, etc., Go A Hunt Or Not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.