Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Moon Phases

Old 06-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Moon Phases

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

ORIGINAL: valor10

If your theory works for you, I'm happy for you. But, how is it some see more deer on moonless nights, while others see more deer on full moon nights?
In my experience, I find both the new moon and full moon to be about the same as far as sightings go. In your example of deer coming out in evenings during hot periods...yes, that happens. Those deer most likely will not come out at the same time day after day for weeks. Their arrival times will vary, and veary in a cycle. What you may be missing out on is activity related to the times I discussed that is happening back in cover. There is a reason that I have some oak flats back in cover that have produced wonderfully for me in the middle of the day in 90 deg plus temps.

Here is a good example...There is an alfalpha field I drive by every day. Not long ago, there were 5 deer feeding at the far end next to a thicket at 1:00 pm, and the temp was 86 degrees. I went home and checked the transit time, and it was for 1236.

I don't ignore other factors, andwill still beout there whenever I can hunt. I just happen to pay attention to the moon position and choose my stands accordingly.

Like I said in this thread,or maybe it was the other similar one...I don't really care if someone doesn't believe in it. I have nothing to gain bytrying to convince anyone. I am happy toshare the info for anyone that wants it, and that is about the extent of it.
Like I said RAL, I keep an open mind and like to hear what others have to say on the subject. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:15 PM

Default RE: Moon Phases

All I know is it takes me many moons to kill a good buck....

I hunt when I can, period.