Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What type of hunting terrain?

Old 06-03-2008, 05:31 PM

Default RE: What type of hunting terrain?

Broken state land forest and swamps with the possibility of some corn field edges, not really a large wilderness but plenty to hunt with.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:41 PM

The main area I hunt is big woods, 13000 acres with food plots scattered about. Mostly just hilly ozark grounds. Here at home its more fields and broken woods as well as some suburban lots.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have many spots, but they are either swamps, farmland (more woods than fields), farmland (less woods thatn fields), and suburban
Old 06-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

well put in a search for the most densly populated state in the usa and thats preety much the answear.
Suburbs
Old 06-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

i mainly hunt pa will be going to ky a couple of times to hunt moslty wooded little farmland but as for alot of my hunting i hunt pa and farmlands in pa I LOVE IT love watching the open fields as the sun rises i hunt franklin county mostly but go to mckean county a couple of times.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

IL farmland, mostly cattle farm..
Old 06-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

The land I bow hunt on is 160 acres. 100 acres is tillable and 60 is woods. On the south side of the property a small lake borders the land.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt about a 50/50 mix of tillable and woods.Actualy more swamp then woods.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

800 acres of very old strip mine ground. hard woods mixed with alot of pines, and strip pits (water) mostly running rows of hilly ground from the old mining proscess mixed with some flat woods. small sloughs mixed in and some crop fields. pretty much deverse all the way around.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

A lot of mesquite and scrub oaks. Farmland but used a lot more for grazing than for crops. The main property I'll hunt this year is 395+/- acres, 300 acres of which is wooded but with the scrub oaks. Not many of these trees are suitable for a stand and the underbrush is very thick. I'll spend more time on the ground this year hunting out of natural blinds than I ever have before. There hasn't been any cattle on this land for 5 1/2 years and the one 100 acre pasture is pretty overgrown. I'll also be hunting the edges of it, one corner in particular that has a nice waterhole. I'll have the place mostly to myself. The owners are gun hunters that spend one or two weeks at deercamp a year and thats it. I have year round access and I'm the only bowhunter. I'll be alone for all of October, 1/2 of November, and all of December.

Quick Reply: What type of hunting terrain?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.