Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hey midwest guys...

Old 06-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hey midwest guys...

I may be heading through your neck of the woods next week, Ive not made up my mind to go, but my grandfather is going, and Id like to go along, it would put 3 more states under my belt. I would be going through Indianapolis, Chicago,andthrough Wisconsin, and Minnesota, and everywhere between there and VA.

Leave Sunday comeback Friday, all Driving[&:]

Anything, that I deffinately have to check out while I'm there??? (if i go...)
Old 06-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hey midwest guys...

The Pope And Young Club Headquarters is located in Chatfield, Minnesota in the SE part of the state. They made a museum out of it. Its kick ass!! They have 1,000's and 1,000's of old bows, old broad heads, tons of mounts and some are the pending world records. They have a ton of info on how Ishi started teaching Saxton Pope and Art Young the bow hunting ways. So many other artifacts and history there as well. It don't cost you anything to take the tour, they'll show you everything.

There's also a Cabelas in Owatanna Mn.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

The spam museum in Austin Minn. lol
Old 06-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can skip Chicago, it is just full of crap!
Old 06-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

X2!!!!

Bass Pro in Gurnee is nice though, good size and location! And now there is a Cabela's that is nice but small. Only two places worth stopping in Chicago if you ask me!

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

Old 06-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

3 Rivers archery is in Ashely,Ind.It's a good bit north of Indy but if your into the traditional thing it'd be worth a stop.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bass Pro up In Gurnee is just North of Chicago. Its right off theInterstate on the way to Wisconsinso it won't be out of the way at all. Not a bad place to stop and take a walk around. They have some pretty good stuff there. GanderMountain is about 15 miles North of there as well.

I justdid the trek to and from Indianapolis from Chicago for the Indy 500 and the only thing to seethrough there is all the hit deer. Must have been more than 50 and a good amount with what looked like some decent racks starting to form, it just made me mad!! [:@][:@]

P.S. Don't fill up with Gas anywhere in Illinois and especially Chicago, Highest gas prices in the country!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

LMAO!!

How True!!

Dan
Old 06-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

All the dead deer laying on the side of the road.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

I'd hate to see you backtrack on the way home. Cut across the top of Wisconsin (hiway 8 or 29) and you're bound to run into a Brat festival in one or more of the small towns. Drop down through Green Bay and take a look at Lambeau Field. From there head to Manitowoc and take the SS Badger car ferry to Ludington, MI. Head SE toward Toledo, OH (stop at Cabelas in Dundee) then 80 East to Cleveland and South on 77.

Quick Reply: Hey midwest guys...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.