Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pimp your climber?!

Old 06-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pimp your climber?!

Just added Hunter Safety System's adhesive tape to my climber and boy does it really quite it down. I am also getting some nicer backpack straps, along with enhancing the way I actually climb. What all have you done to make your climber better!?

Good hunting.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Pimp your climber?!

I had the Rhino lining guys treat/spray the platform of my climber 3 years ago. It's still in great shape.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, what a great idea. How much did that cost?
Old 06-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got a new Lone Wolf climber for this fall and bought the LWfoot rest for it, a Summit replaceable seat and some nice padded back pack straps.

Look forward to breaking it in this fall.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Wow, what a great idea. How much did that cost?
I wanna say it was $30-$35. I originally had it done....because I was worried about my footing on the slick metal (wearing wet, rubber boots). A side effect was that it silenced the platform and the two pieces touching when I'm getting set up. I have no idea of any downside....other than a nominal amount of weight added.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've had a nice set of padded straps, an insulated mat that quiets the platform, and side bags on my climber for years now.........The simple snap on side bags that go on the armrests of the seat section always hold my safety rope, hoist rope and an extra grunt call, that way I never have to worry about forgetting to pack any of the 3.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone ever added a set of wheels to their climber? Last season prior to my back surgery I really noticed how heavy it really is. Now that I've had the surgery I don't want to do anything to reinjure my back. I was thinking about building an axle with two wheels that clamp on to the stand at one end and make a harness to attach to my waist on the other end. Has this ever been done?
Old 06-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Seems to be that a deer cart would work well!? Camo it up, have it by the tree. Then, when you get one, you have it right there, handy!
Old 06-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

i need some new padded straps and cables. i have some grip tape on foot platform. also havesome blind material wrapped around front rest to cover up any leg movement.

Quick Reply: Pimp your climber?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.