Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrows Grouping horizontally?

Old 06-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrows Grouping horizontally?

Assuming the bow is tuned pretty well, horizontal spreads are often a sign of too long a draw. Try doing some minor tweaking. You'd be awfully surprised at what 1/4" shorter can do for you.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

There is some stuff in Easton's tuning guide about tuning groups. You might download this valuable little brochure.
This is one of the very best pieces of advice I've gotten on this forum since Ibecame a member.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Assuming the bow is tuned pretty well, horizontal spreads are often a sign of too long a draw. Try doing some minor tweaking. You'd be awfully surprised at what 1/4" shorter can do for you.
I have found for me personally that it is a sign of being too SHORT.Both short and long cause grouping problems.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I have found for me personally that it is a sign of being too SHORT.Both short and long cause grouping problems.
True, but how many people do you know that shoot too short? Not many. I guess that's why I said long.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

True, but how many people do you know that shoot too short? Not many. I guess that's why I said long.
Actually,nowadays with the internet and everyone saying too long is a problem,I am seeing too short as much as too long.Atleast in shooting circles,the average Joe hunter is still shooting too long.

I have seen his pics and he is within normal ranges and a 1/4" either way might yield a positve result.

If I were a betting man,I would bet that the not using proper release techniques is the culprit but not being there in person makes it impossible for me to tell.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

If youre thinking you have a problem, id love to have that problem...oh wait i do.....i wouldnt change a thing, maybe justa tad fine tuning and youre all set.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:33 AM

all these guys have given you some good advice, but if it were me, I wouldn't touch it, how are your groups at 15, 20, 25 yds??
Old 06-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Horizontal groups can be caused from centershot not being set correctly.

They can also be caused from torque or form issues.I have seen your form,have you played with the draw length in 1/8" increments to see if there is a sweet spot for you?

They can also be caused from punching the release.

So have fun pinpointing which one is the culprit.[8D]
I just checked my centershot and it's perfect.

As far as my draw length goes, I haven't been able to adjustthat.

I'm just assuming that it's justme punching the release.[>:]

Old 06-02-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

am I missing something here??? I thought that was a great group at 30 yds. I will take that every time on a deer. If anything I would say you are torquing the bow, but it doesn't seem to be that big of a problem, if you ain't shooting a 3D or competition of some sort, Id say you are shooting as as good as anyone for hunting purposes, which is really all that matters in the first place.
I agree, that would be good enough for deer hunting, but I'm going to be shooting in a ASA tournament next weekend, and I want toshoot the bestpossible groups Ican.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

all these guys have given you some good advice, but if it were me, I wouldn't touch it, how are your groups at 15, 20, 25 yds??
I'll post some pictures of my groups at 15, 20, and 25 yards as soon as possible.

Quick Reply: Arrows Grouping horizontally?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.