Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

went to hang a stand today

Old 05-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default went to hang a stand today

I treked about 500 yrds back into my sanctuary. I was reading in a book about building the ultimate managemenet property and it said to leave about 1 1/5 area that is untouched, or untraveled by humans. This gives them the sense of a safe place to escape and bed down. After figuring the best place to have this in my property,, I treked the borderline of the place where Im staying ot of.

After setting the stand up, I stayed an hour to see, glass, and listen to my surrounding. Sure enough I saw no less than 3 scrapes...licking limbs included. The trails all lead to this area. Since its a haul through thick hardwoods I put flourescent property tape on trees about 50 yrds apart.

Since I have 5 other stands on the property this is the closest to the "sanctuary I have gotten. I went to the mineral sites and they are absolutely tearing them apart. I went to download the pictures from that site...and the unit was never turned on!!!![:@]

I have other cameras, but this one was the one! Oh well, I replenished the rackmaster mineral and will look again in a week or so and show some pics. My camera on the hottest trail was stolen this weekend.

It is a trip to see the animals that are using my mineral sites. Turkey, groundhogs, rabbits, oppossum, and then the deer.

Last year we worked a rub line that used about 4 trees in a line, but never got a shot. I think he's back as i got pictures of him...boneles.

Can you se him hiding out about 50 ft away?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: went to hang a stand today

Ic somthin on the right, and it looks like a deer. Is that what it was
Old 05-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: went to hang a stand today

Yes, I believe its him. Its his favorite piece of corner and last year had4 or 5 nice rubs on sapplings within this picture. Neither of us had a shot on him as he exited about 75 yrds from where we expected. it was almost like clockwork, between 7:30 and 8 during the rut he would cruise the rub lines. Ths block is in the area, about 15 ft from the start of the rub lines. Im almost positive it him again, just waiting fro a better shot. Like I said, if my camera was turned on, I may have a picture.

I will wait another week or two to see if it its him, hee should bs him when he comes for a lick. If its him, he is mine since I have framed up a two level stand in this walnut tree overlooking his rubs.

He was a nice 8 with a 180-200 # frame. Never got enough distance on him to see any kickers or anything...just a massive 8.