Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois Womens Only Bowhunt 2003

Old 02-26-2003, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Illinois Womens Only Bowhunt 2003

Well its done, I booked my hunt for 2003
This is a Womens Bow Hunt being held at Hunting Unlimited in Brown county Illinois. This will be my 3rd time hunting with them on womens bow hunts.
I cant wait , Im already counting down the days till the hunt. Its such a blast.
The hunt is being presented jointly by
Hunting Unlimited Inc & Heartland Outfitters. They are having 2 of these ladies hunts in October 2003.
This year the hunt will include;
A 3 Day Womens Bow Hunt,Bow Hunting at both Nationally known camps,
Lodging, meals and fully guided bow hunts,
Massage and manicure, a wine tasting and lessons from a pastry chef,
shooting competition, opportunities for a pope and young buck.
I have been lucky enough to harvest 3 deer on the past 2 hunts they had and one of them was an 8 point buck. Its gonna be fun If you know any women hunters interested in womens hunts the website called
www.womenhunters.com has a full list of womens hunts in the usa, and they are in the process of adding more womens hunts to their lists on their website.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Illinois Womens Only Bowhunt 2003

Sounds like a good hunt.
Wish you the best of luck.
Its just a pity I cant get in on the action
Old 02-27-2003, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the well wishes Ausie;
My husband wanted to go also , so I told the owner and he said
" Hows he look in a wig and skirt" ?[].
I also wanted to bump this topic for the ladies and for any of you men who might know any interested Women Bow Hunters.
www.womenhunters.com
Old 03-23-2003, 07:20 PM

I hunted 2 years ago at Heartland Outfitters all women hunt. There lodge is just great, great food, great bunch of ladies I got to meet. Didn' t get any deer though and only 1 of the other women shot a doe. I am a ground pounder and had a very, very, very, up close and personal encounter with a coyote. They have more coyotes out there then I have ever seen. If you talk to people at Heartland, ask them about the " coyote woman" ! I am thinking about going out again sometime, but this year, my husband and I have booked a Archery Elk hunt in Colorado and I am hoping to score a nice bull out there. If not, the scenery out there should be fantastic. I am very excited about this upcoming hunt! Maybe some day I will get a chance to meet up with you out there in Heartland. Is this the first time it is being co-sponsored by another outfitter?
Old 03-24-2003, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

jhunter; Hello; I was at Hunting Unlimiteds Ladies Bow Hunt the same time you were at Heartlands Ladies hunt 2 years ago, Joella Bates was over there at Heartland and tha evening I shot my 1st Doe at Hunting Unlimited she came over and spent the evening visiting with the Ladies at Hunting Unlimited.
The Womens Bow Hunt ay Hunting Unlimited Inc was originally started and sponsored by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, and they had a couple of there employees there for a mini bowhunters saftey course before the hunt and Brenda Potts was one of them and Jeff Hopkins from the IDNR stayed for the whole
womens hunt and helped to track the Does I shoot.
Last year Larry Hanold whom owns Hunting Unlimited Inc invited the Ladies from Heartland Outfitters over for a evening Bow Hunt on his land followed by a wine tasting and Dinner[:-]Larry also has his own grape vinyards and you can sit in front of the lodge and watch the deer in the front yard come into feed on the grape vines in the front yard, I told him just give me a lawn chair and Ill hunt the 50 yards from the front door on the front lawn[&:]
This year will be the first time I believe that Hunting Unlimited and Heartland Outfitters will be hosting a co sponsored Womens Bow Hunt. Wish you could make it, its gonna be fun
When I talk to Doc Russell Ill have to ask him about " The Coyote Lady " I never had any problems with coyotes on my last 2 hunts there , but I do hear them there in the morning. 2 years ago one of the ladies was getting ready to draw her bow on a doe when 2 coyotes came running in and ran her doe off[:@]
I wish you all the luck on your Elk Hunt, hope ya get a good one
Old 03-24-2003, 06:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Well have a great time. I had a chance to sit down and talk with Joella right after she had shot her Cape Buffalo with the bow. She' s a character and a fun girl. I' m going to do everything I can to attend this hunt myself.[]

Old 03-24-2003, 10:33 AM

I am 6' 2 in high heels ya know. And have a Serria tec, Can that get me in?
Old 03-25-2003, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeeze, Thanks Alot David , I JUST HAD A BENNY HILL FLASHBACK[] [&:][]
Old 03-25-2003, 06:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Awh man, I loved that guy. What a fruit cake. I hope you didn' t loose your breakfast. You gals have a fun time. It sounds like a truly great adventure and I' m genuinely envious. We expect a big story and pictures, not only of the hunt but also the slumber party.[] How many gals are usually in camp?
Old 03-25-2003, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

2001 years Womens Bow Hunt had 8 ladies attending.
2002 years Womens Bow Hunt was held on 2 different weekends, 1st weekend 1 women attended, 2nd weekend I was the only women that attended.
I know that they have already had a few women book for this years hunt, they are holding it on 2 different weekends again this year, The 1st hunt is a full moon so I will be hunting the 2nd hunt. No time for slumber party antics, I need all the beauty sleep I can get,
And after seeing that red head photo of you David a little beauty sleep wouldnt hurt you one bit!!!![X(][]