Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cam Buckle vs Rachet style help

Old 05-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cam Buckle vs Rachet style help

Peakrut I sell straps and in my experiance DO NOT trust a cam buckle it will only let you down.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tony, I thought you were referring to the type like on my Nontypical.. slides through and you rotate it 180 degrees and it slams shut...definately not a TIE DOWN Strap ... those will not hold very well.. they are good for tieing down quads in the back a truck..bout it.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

I hate ratchet straps. The only cam type straps I use are the ones with my Lone Wolf sticks and Assault, and they are the push lever type.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Bartender

Ok Thanks for all your help I will stick with the ratchet style straps. The lone wolf strap lever looks about the same as the ones I have in my pic on page 1.
But safety is key here so I appreciate the help.

T
Old 05-28-2008, 11:14 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

IMO, the only safe strap is the one that comes with the stand andnone needed past that if hung right.
I can guarantee you wouldn't think like that if you weighed 325lbs. I use the strap (or chain) that comes with the stand, then I use a heavy duty 2in ratchet strap at the top of the stand (right above the factory strap/chain) and a 1in ratchet strap at the bottom of the stand. That sucker ain't moving when I go to step onto it!

Sure it's a PITA to put it up......but when I consider the alternative it ain't so bad.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: recurver167

IMO, the only safe strap is the one that comes with the stand andnone needed past that if hung right.
X2
X3

Dan
Old 05-29-2008, 06:39 AM

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

I can guarantee you wouldn't think like that if you weighed 325lbs. I use the strap (or chain) that comes with the stand, then I use a heavy duty 2in ratchet strap at the top of the stand (right above the factory strap/chain) and a 1in ratchet strap at the bottom of the stand. That sucker ain't moving when I go to step onto it!

Sure it's a PITA to put it up......but when I consider the alternative it ain't so bad.

No...I do still think that. If the strap isn't enough to be safe for you, then neither is the stand itself. It either is rated for your weight or it isn't, and that has nothing to do with the strap. JMHO.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ican guarantee you wouldn't think like that if you weighed 325lbs. I use the strap (or chain) that comes with the stand, then I use a heavy duty 2in ratchet strap at the top of the stand (right above the factory strap/chain) and a 1in ratchet strap at the bottom of the stand. That sucker ain't moving when I go to step onto it!

I'm almost the same way, I add at least asingle ratchet strap at the bottom of the frame of any stand I'm gonna leave out for extended periods, to really suck everything down and keep it from shifting. I'm not generally one to trust my life to the notion that I'm gonna put all my eggs in one basket (one strap).

All things manmadecan and do fail and I don't want to be the one in a million who hits the busted skull lottery.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

we use those on our stands
Old 05-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

For hang ons I only use ratchet straps. Yes, the cam style are easier, but I know those ratchet straps are locked in and not going anywhere. I'm not a big fan of heights, and less of a fan of falling from them so I'm pretty anal when it comes to that stuff.

Quick Reply: Cam Buckle vs Rachet style help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.