Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are you seeing any bucks bachelored up yet?

Old 05-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are you seeing any bucks bachelored up yet?

I have noticed deer are at their lowest visibility from the middle of May to the end of June. I am not sure why, other than the fawn drop for does, but I do not see many bucks either. Movement is very nocturnal as deer feeding in fields in daylight hours are rare. This year has been the same. I do notice the few bucks I see this time of year are in groups though.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Watched a pair of bucks that are either really big 1.5's or small/average 2.5's at Dan's this weekend that were ear height already.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

My buddy saw 2 bucks bedded down together that looked to be 3.5s or big 2.5s. One was out past its ears with nice brows and "clubs" on the end where the G2s would presumably be sprouting. The other was more growing up and was out to its ears as well with nice brows. This was early last week.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

We watched a group of 7 bucks feeding Sunday evening in Northern Indiana.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shawn and I had a nice bachelor group of bucks come by us while turkey hunting in MO in early May. They had just started growing their bases. They snuck up on us and ended up walking down a trail about 10 yards away before they caught our wind.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

My bucks must be slow growers as well.

These two bucks like to hang out with each other and then I have another young buck that travels alone.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had a group of 4 in the backyard this morning. 2 were mature and the other 2 might be 2.5 this fall.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

I got a call reporting two injured deer in a residential area on Sunday. When I arrived I found these two inside a fenced in yard, the nearest one was already dead, and the second one was badly injured. The resident said that the deer both cleared her fence entering her yard, but ran into a section of the fence that was covered by shrubbery. It looked to me that both had broken their necks, you can see how distorted the neck is on the deer closest to me. Both deer are bucks with one with 3" of antler, the other with about 5".

Old 05-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have pictures of a few together, and i saw four running around together by the lake the other day
Old 05-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not yet but im seing some fuzzy bone on some young ones. They have been alone. usually when the beans are up ill start seeing that. They cant get the crops out around here because its been to wet [:@]

Quick Reply: Are you seeing any bucks bachelored up yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.