Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A challenege for everyone in the fall of '08

Old 05-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A challenege for everyone in the fall of '08

Alright, so I had a lot of driving time to think this weekend (between the lake, skins games, cold beer & campfires... etc). I love kids (other peoples kids for the time being), but anyway I met a kid that really wants to experience the outdoors and doesn't have anyone that will take him. I'm going to make it a personal goal to get him a shot at a deer this fall.

I challenge everyone on this forum to introdue a kid to the outdoors. I know a lot of you have your own kids, but take someone that wouldn't go if it wasn't for you. They are truly the future of our sport, and we all know how continually difficult it is going to be to keep our hunting priviliges in the future. We've got to do something....
Old 05-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A challenege for everyone in the fall of '08

Good challenge!
Old 05-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll see what I can do about that.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a good challenge, I promote hunting with my family but I will find a youngster that wouldn't have the chance normally.....Thanks for the challenge!!!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I'll see what I can do about that.
Makes 2 of us! I got a couple kids in mind that have been on me to get them set up for bow hunting. Might as well find out and see how serious they are. Good thread Dubbya and even a better service your doing!!
Old 05-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ive introduced a couple of my friends into hunting, both took deer this past fall, and missed with the bow. really no body right now that i have the opportunitie to take. gonna be busy enough getting some hunts on film[8D]

within the next couple years though ill have a couple of cousins i can take hunting
Old 05-26-2008, 09:04 PM

Im really working to get my son a deer. Finally got in a lease in northern WV, a place with plenty of deer. The cost was high but it'll be worth it to get him a deer. Hes getting pretty good with his new Bear bow he got for his B-day...
Old 05-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I've already introduced my brother to the outdoors..ocean fishing, trout fishing, bass fishing - deer hunting, bird hunting and turkey hunting.

So, does this mean that I must also introduce another youth?

I think I should !!!!!!!!
Absolutely, no reason to stop at one right?
Old 05-26-2008, 09:48 PM

i have a girlfriend who really loves the outdoors..she loves going for walks and riding the four wheeler...this fall im going to start her out slow with filming a hunt with me and just going along...she doenst know if she can handle seeing me shoot and kill a deer but i really think she can and i hope in starting her out slow and not pressuring her to go that she will pick up and enjoy the sport i love

Quick Reply: A challenege for everyone in the fall of '08

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.