Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who taught Ted?

Old 05-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who taught Ted?

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

. He also cants his compound a lot while shooting.
Its easier to shoot thru the fence that way.
lmao... very well played sir.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: early in

That grip is still wrong. There's a lot of new guys that might think since it's the "Nuge" holding the bow like that, it must bethe proper grip, which it isn't!
Ok, so how is he supposed to hold a canted bow with out sights? Stick your hand out to your leftand make a fist. Thats the way thegrip should be. Genrally for most people, if you was to raise your thumb it would be 45 degrees. Doesn't have to do with nuge oranyone else.Proper grip techniques.

How do you hold a canted bow?
If he cants the bow as a part of his regular shooting routine, then he would have to hold the bow with a tight grip, like he's doing,to keep from dropping the bow. Makes perfect sense. If this is the case with Teds shooting, then I owe him an apology. And to folks on here I say, my mistake. It isn't my first, and won't be my last!
Old 05-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

early in that was refreshing...you almost never see anyone admit they were wrong or show a little humility on these boards. As for the Nuge's shooting style I think part of the reason he shots canted is that he is imitating his hero fred bear. It does look funny when he does it with a compound though...oh well it works for him. As for him making bad shots I don't think he makes bad shots any more then any of the other guys you see on tv, or anyone that bowhunts for that matter. I do get annoyed when you see guys on tv make pretty marginal shots and then start high fiving the camera guy and acting like they just make a perfect hit, I can't recall the Nuge doing this (he very well might have) but its just a general pet peeve of mine