Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who taught Ted?

Old 05-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who taught Ted?

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

When you've killed a 10th of the animals he has then you can critique his shooting style.
I really don't care how many animals he's killed. That grip is still wrong. There's a lot of new guys that might think since it's the "Nuge" holding the bow like that, it must bethe proper grip, which it isn't!I would hope you can see that. I know ofpoachers who have killed 10 times the number of deer that I have, but that doesn't make it right.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

What works for Ted works for Ted. What works for me works for me! What works for you works for you! Everyone shoots different. If it works, stick with it!
Old 05-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

What works for Ted works for Ted. What works for me works for me! What works for you works for you! Everyone shoots different. If it works, stick with it!
Iagree, but I was taught how to hold a bow properly. That's WHY it works for me. I like Ted, don't think otherwise. Don't you agree, not gripping the bow properly (too tight)can cause bow torque, causing inaccurate shooting?
How many times have you seen someone post a pic of their stance/form on here, and ask if it iscorrect? If it's not correct, they are told how and why it needs to be changed. This is so they learn the proper way in order to become a good archer.That's my point.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive seen him shoot a laser dot sight, or atleast advertise it
Old 05-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

I agree, but I was taught how to hold a bow properly. That's WHY it works for me. I like Ted, don't think otherwise. Don't you agree, not gripping the bow properly (too tight) can cause bow torque, causing inaccurate shooting?
How many times have you seen someone post a pic of their stance/form on here, and ask if it correct? If it's not correct, they are told how and why it needs to be changed. This is so they learn the proper way in order to become a good archer. That's my point.
Yes I agree with gripping to tight will cause bow torque. Sure people are internet coaching telling someone what works for them, thats why they get so many different answers and get even more confused because of this! To me good form is doing the same thing on every shot! If it works for you, and is accurate keep doing it! jmo
Old 05-27-2008, 02:47 PM

Ted in my opinion although outspoken on a lot of issues he shouldnt open his mouth to is an incredible hunter and conservationist. He also has been doing it for a little longer than I have so I think I will try and not say any ill words towards the man that has taught me so much.

I do not think he cants the bow that much when he actually is taking a shot. I think he is posing a little in the picture there.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:57 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: early in

That grip is still wrong. There's a lot of new guys that might think since it's the "Nuge" holding the bow like that, it must bethe proper grip, which it isn't!
Ok, so how is he supposed to hold a canted bow with out sights? Stick your hand out to your leftand make a fist. Thats the way thegrip should be. Genrally for most people, if you was to raise your thumb it would be 45 degrees. Doesn't have to do with nuge oranyone else.Proper grip techniques.

How do you hold a canted bow?

Old 05-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

When you've killed a 10th of the animals he has then you can critique his shooting style.
Well I better head to my high fence and start poac.... I mean shoo.... I mean hunting then.
So your trying to say that you know for fact that every animal he has killed is high fence?
No, I'm certain that not every animal he has ever killed has been in a high fence, how did you get that from what I said. I'm satisfied that the majority of the animals he takes now days are from out of his pen though, and as I have said before, that's not the kind of hunter I am.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: Double Creek

Well I better head to my high fence and start poac.... I mean shoo.... I mean hunting then.
[/qu

I fail to see the correlation of how he chooses to hunt to his shooting style? Please enlighten me...

Sorry Double Creek, there is no correlation. I apologize if I have completly screwed up this discussion because I said something off topic. Or wait, oh I see....you were trying to argue what I said, I get it now, oh, well you got me on that one. Good Job!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:04 PM
bigcountry

No, I'm certain that not every animal he has ever killed has been in a high fence, how did you get that from what I said. I'm satisfied that the majority of the animals he takes now days are from out of his pen though, and as I have said before, that's not the kind of hunter I am.
Man, I hope that ain't true. I have a hard time believing that. But who knows.

Quick Reply: Who taught Ted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.