Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Went for a walk today..

Old 05-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Went for a walk today..

on the property. I checked my trail cams and looks like there is a bruiser running around there. I also found another Indian Artifact, some sort of scraper tool I believe. Enjoy.

The bruiser, can't wait to get more pics of him as he develops, really heavy bases.

Another small buck shedding his winter coat.

Mama ready to pop.

There are fawns.

Found this today too. The long groove in the first pic fits my thumb perfectly when I hold it. And it has finger grooves on the other side in the second pic.

Took these next pics out my bathroom window. This little guy was soooooo lazy he was laying down eating in my food plot.

By the way my stand is in this tree, Just out of the pic . You can see my screw in steps on the side.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Went for a walk today..

very cool! good luck with that hoss!
Old 05-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great pics ,thats a nice buck.
I found sign that I was not the first to hunt my land today also.I will post pictures tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice JM, that should be a good deer in a few months!
Old 05-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guys i visited John last month, his home is awesome. I got to see the plot in his back yard as well as the stand there We sat down, and he poped in a video of a buck he had filmed out of his bathroom window in his plot several years ago. You wouldnt believe the size of it. It was a monster
Great pics John As for the artifact and i dont know if you read my last reply when you posted the last artifact, but i believe you may be finding several pieces of a cashe. They are rough preform blades made to cashe back. They are latter shaped into point or blade form when needed. They are found burried in bulk most of the time. You mentioned you had bulldozed an area on your property a while back. Im banking you uncovered several. Keep your eyes open, i bet thereare more. can you send me a pic of both together?? im betting they are similar in size and shape,,,color. nice buck,looks like a contender
Old 05-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice pictures thanks for sharing!
Old 05-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice pics. That buck has some serious mass already! That's a neat find, I love old stuff like that.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

That buck is huge...and your not kidding about that doe being ready to pop
Old 05-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

cool pics!
Old 05-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

That Buck has some really great mass already JMBuckHunter.....keep us posted with some more nice pictures!

The foot prints looks like an Opossum or Racoon track?I've found 2 arrowheads in our food plots on the farm and 1 spear head so far,it is really neat to find Indian Artifacts and thinking about how the Indians hunted on the same property years ago!

Quick Reply: Went for a walk today..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.