Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what bow for 15 year old first time bow hunter?

Old 05-26-2008, 02:28 PM

Default RE: what bow for 15 year old first time bow hunter?

what are good crossbows?
Old 05-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: Safety Off

Try a crossbow, he'll have more fun.
Here we go!
Lmao!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reflex is an off brand of Hoyt still nice bows for less money. Try the Growler nice bow an is quiet shooting. A crossbow would be good to start with,then work your wayto a compound in a few years. Mossbergman its all about what you want, the compounds are forgiving enough, feel like you could start shootingone soon an be very comfortable by the time the season comes around. Whichever way you go good luck an if you need any help just ask.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

dont get a xbow, get a bow, my first bow i got when i was 15 was a pse nova, it was a perfect starter bow. If your gonna get a crossbow you might as well just get a rifle.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:39 PM

right now im sorta leaning towards a crossbow because they look really neat
what are some more good bows and crossbows?
Old 05-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are wanting a crossbow to startwith check out the Hortons like the Horton 150. Go over to the cross bow forums the most likely have some reccomendations.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:10 PM

i did they are just argueing over stuff now[&o][]
Old 05-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

I would suggest getting a compound, to me its just more enjoyable to shoot, quieter by a long shot, easier to maneuver in a stand, and lighter to carry than a crossbow. As far as which models, it all depends on what your specs are, draw weight, length, etc. Knowing your draw length and weight you can comfortably pull would be helpful in recommending more specific models.

The Diamond Edge is a great starter bow that will go up to 50lbs of draw weight and 28.5" of draw length and will run you around $300 for a good package setup. Other models with the same draw weight and length specs and price range are the Parker Sidekick and Parker Buckshot. If you can pull more than 50 lbs easily and want to go to the next step up, the Diamond Rock is available up to a 30" draw and 70lbs and will run you around $500 as a package. Another option would be the Fred Bear Lights Out, same specs, price around $470 as a package, and the Parker Trailblazer, around $500 as a package, same specs.

You're best option would be to go to a local shop and get measured for your draw length and to find what weight you can use comfortably, then from there shoot a few different models that fit you and are in your price range and pick which one that feels best to you.

Here are a few websites you can check out to get a better idea of each model and compare them a little more.

http://www.diamondarchery.com/home.php
http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/
http://www.parkerbows.com/pb/2007/index.html

Old 05-26-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of these weekends go to a proshop an tell them what you have got on your mind an shoot a few rounds. You would enjoy a compound bow more.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

look at reflex, bear, diamond, parker, and pse

Quick Reply: what bow for 15 year old first time bow hunter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.