Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage 2-blade need help

Old 05-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage 2-blade need help

I get it...............................................n ow........... HAHA I was confused.[&:]
Old 05-25-2008, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jbowersox

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

there is an easy solution to your problem, DONT USE RAGES!
Shoot spitfires and you won't have to worry about that problem.
Did I miss something? I thought he asked about the o-ring, not whether he should or shouldn't be using Rage's. [:@]
I understand you guys don't like them, which is not problem, but you don't have to say it every chance you get. Not trying to be jacka$$, so sorry if I'm coming across as one.
Settle down ...Deleted by CalHunter... I've never used them, so I don't know if I like them or not. I've heard a lot of good things about the two blades. I was just stating that if he didn't want to bother with o rings, then maybe he could try the spitfires. ...Deleted by CalHunter... BTW, I would have tried Rage by now, but I'm happy with the spitfires.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

there is an easy solution to your problem, DONT USE RAGES!
Shoot spitfires and you won't have to worry about that problem.
Did I miss something? I thought he asked about the o-ring, not whether he should or shouldn't be using Rage's. [:@]
I understand you guys don't like them, which is not problem, but you don't have to say it every chance you get. Not trying to be jacka$$, so sorry if I'm coming across as one.
Settle down ...Deleted by CalHunter.... I've never used them, so I don't know if I like them or not. I've heard a lot of good things about the two blades. I was just stating that if he didn't want to bother with o rings, then maybe he could try the spitfires. ...Deleted by CalHunter.... BTW, I would have tried Rage by now, but I'm happy with the spitfires.
If you've never used them then you obviously can't help in answering the questing that he asked ABOUT RAGES. Everytime someone opens a thread on Rages, someone feels the need to throw in an irrelevant comment. I would understand that if he was asking "which" broadhead, but he wasn't. He was asking a specific thing about a specific broadhead. So please think before you post next time. ...Deleted by CalHunter...
Old 05-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you've never used them then you obviously can't help in answering the questing that he asked ABOUT RAGES. Everytime someone opens a thread on Rages, someone feels the need to throw in an irrelevant comment. I would understand that if he was asking "which" broadhead, but he wasn't. He was asking a specific thing about a specific broadhead. So please think before you post next time....Deleted by CalHunter...
You're probably right, John.[&o]Isn't it amazing how quick some folks are toflinginsults, sometimes even downright degrading ones,when their toes get stepped on a little? It seems to be almost impossible to have an intelligent discussion without someone getting all bent out of shape.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

This might sound stupid but the practice head doesn't deploy when shot does it?
Anyone?
Old 05-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

This might sound stupid but the practice head doesn't deploy when shot does it?
Anyone?
No it doesn't. It is made to resemble the broadhead in flight without opening.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Yes - I have bought six three packs of the Rage heads. Only need one practice head, so the other five practice heads got turned into game heads. Work fine.
How did you turn them into game heads? there isn't that little screw to hold th blades in on the practice head??
Old 05-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Yes - I have bought six three packs of the Rage heads. Onlyneed one practice head, so the other five practice heads got turned into game heads. Work fine.
How did you turn them into game heads? there isn't that little screw to hold th blades in on the practice head??
I was thinking the same thing.

Good idea to turn the extra practice heads into hunters though if you have them and the blades. I'd just be curious on how it's done.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:54 PM

You just unscrew the little screws holding in the practice blades and practice tip; replace them with the real thing including a new o-ring. Real easy.