Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone use a LoneWolf Climber

Old 05-23-2008, 09:35 PM

Default Anyone use a LoneWolf Climber

I am thinking of getting a Lone Wolf Sit and climb or Hand climber to be more mobile this coming season instead of being in lock ons all the time. I was wondering if any of you guys use them and how they are in comfort and ease of use. Thanks for any info
Old 05-24-2008, 01:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone use a LoneWolf Climber

Look them over first and compare the specs to make sure you know what your getting.

Old 05-24-2008, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tried the hand climber last year and brought it back after smashing my face against the tree on a few occassions.
Never made it up the tree more than 5 feet. I watched their video and read instructions a few times, but the lever system never seemed to hold the rubber belt.
I tried a few things to help the lever situation and never had faith that it would hold me 20' feet high.
I have had 2 other climbers to date of the past 15 years, so I was looking @ the Lone Wolf as an expensive upgrade that failed.
Now I could lose 15 pounds but that would put me @ 165lb., so weight wasn't the issue!!
It is a nice looking and a light climber, but the most expensive.
I ended up bringing it back and getting a Summit and love it, API also has a nice climber, give those comanies a look.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's the only treestand I'll ever use! I have a LW sit and climb (14.5lbs) and the Assault hang-on, that only weighs 8.5lbs! The sit and climb is very quiet, very stable & secure, and very well costructed. I will say it's not the most comfy stand for all day sits, so I add my own little cushion (I have one of the older ones). LW stands are NOT cheap, but you usually get what you pay for!

Old 05-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spend the extra money and save you forearms with the sit and climb. Way easier to climb with and saves yours upper body from doing too much work.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

but the lever system never seemed to hold the rubber belt.
I tried a few things to help the lever situation and never had faith that it would hold me 20' feet high.
I don't have any idea how or why the cam(lever) system wouldn't work for you. I've owned 3 LW sitnclimbs.........no problems whatsoever and once the cams are closed, they stay closed. Safest climbing stand on the market IMO. I'll be owning another one before the season.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the alpha climber, not the sit and climb.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

but the lever system never seemed to hold the rubber belt.
I don't have any idea how or why the cam(lever) system wouldn't work for you. I've owned 3 LW sitnclimbs.........no problems whatsoever and once the cams are closed, they stay closed. Safest climbing stand on the market IMO. I'll be owning another one before the season.
I couldn't agree more! I've been using my sit and climb for 6 years, and NEVER had a single problem, EVER, with any part of my stand.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sure tried my best with it, but with the bark rash [:@] I decided to get rid of it.
I should have called you guys to help me out?
I'll stick with my Summit just the same
Old 05-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

I sure tried my best with it, but with the bark rash [:@] I decided to get rid of it.
I should have called you guys to help me out?
I'll stick with my Summit just the same
I find this kind of funny. I am 6'1" and 240lbs. I tried my best not to have to spend the money on the Lone Wolf. I bought an Ol' Man. It wasnice, safe, and comfortable. But, I found it heavy and slow to set up. Then I bought a Summit Bushmaster. I found it to be loud to put on the tree and it came with the option of rapid tree descent. I was coming down one evening and the stand was nice enough to save me the effort and slide the last 15 feet. My arms looked like burger. I promptly sold it and bought a sit and climb. I have never looked back. It is by far and away the lightest, easiest use, and safest climber I have ever used.

Quick Reply: Anyone use a LoneWolf Climber

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.