Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 05-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Happy Memorial day- weekend.

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I'd like to wish everyone and their families a very happy Memorial Day weekend.

Please, be safe...but have fun.

and....take a second to think about the men and women that have given their lives for our Country.

The men and women whom will neveragainenjoy a summer weekend at the beach, Thanksgiving dinner with their families or a night out with the guys to watch a game. The men and women whom will never have children or see the children they had, grow up.

Keep in mind the real reason for this weekend. Not the start of summer, but the ability to enjoy the summer under the AMERICAN FLAG

Again, thank you for all of your support.

p.s. To my huntingnet Marines...Oorah brothers...Oorah, let us not forget our fallen Leathernecks...Semper Fi.
GREAT POST!

We should definately remember why we can do the things we do, today.

I'm finally out of school for the summer. I'm pumped. I got to shoot a lot today, and practiced judging yardage even longer. I love summer
Old 05-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

AMEN!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the reminder DropTine. That's a great thread. Yes, how easily weforget the men and women who have given up so much for, whata lot of us take for granted! Freedom. I'm real surprised it took this long for somebody to mention Memorial Day. I guess getting to the shoreis more important.Thanks forcovering my share of debt DT!

Old 05-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are going to need to round up a few more volunteers and invade those sons of bitches in Saudi Arabia before I can afford to do any traveling.... heck I can't even afford to take the weekend off.... I gotta work.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks to all that have and are currently serving our country.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

My good buddy, a Captain in the Marine Corps just went over for his 3rd tour this war.....leaving behind a 2 year old child and a pregnant mother to be in a couple of months......his response when I asked him how he felt......."time for my Marines to take it to em!!!!". Guys, these are the people that are out there risking it every day for us and we are so worried about so much other bullcrap....... My dad spent 2 tours in Nam and just recently a year in Baghdad. He says nothing of it and asks nothing for it.....GOD BLESS the armed forces for they are the salt of this here USA.

Brett
Old 05-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

be safe everyone
Old 05-24-2008, 01:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-24-2008, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

You're very welcome, early...Very welcome.

More importnatly, though.....thank YOU..Thanks to all of you whom have supported and continue to support our troops.

With that said, have a great time this weekend.

as for me..Im going to go chase a turkey now...
Great point!!!! AS a former soldier, we appreciated those who supported us, whether or not they supported our commanders or congress!!!!

This weekend, as we enjoy being off work (well some of us, I'm off tonight, then work the next 3), each time we grab a cold drink or enjoy a tasty morsel, think of those who have and are protecting your freedoms and defending your country. Keep in mind the sacrifice that so many brave men and women made to keep this the GREATEST COUNTRY in the world. When you look at the flag, remember what it stands for and give it the respect it deserves. Few nations in the world today can say that they've never benefitted from the services of the United States Armed Forces, and that should make all of us PROUD TO BE AMERICANS!!!!

Droptine,
A Salute to you from a fellow VETERAN, fellow AMERICAN, and fellow hunter, who supports his troops 100%, and while we may have had some interservice jabbing, Army vs. Marines, Marine vs. Air Force, Navy vs. Army, etc, WE ALL WOULD SUPPORT EACH OTHER 110%, if any of the others were attacked. Though they always referred to the other services as "Sister Services," I always considered them more "BROTHER Services," because we could pick on each other, but WOE be unto anyone else that tried to pick on any of our BROTHERS (just like many families of the past and present)!!!!!

God Bless the TROOPS, MARINES, SAILORS, and AIRMEN, the COASTIES the keep our borders safe, and the VETERANS who've gone before.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.