Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting dreams?

Old 05-23-2008, 07:53 PM

Default RE: Bowhunting dreams?

Hunting every year on my prime whitetail property in either Indiana or Illinois with an occasional trip out west. That along with lots of time for fishing is thee life.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ahunter55

To take a Huge Black Bear with a Bow-did that. Caribou, Elk Bowhunt-did that MANY times . Take a Good size Whitetail Buck-fortunate to have a few.
Mule Deer out West-many times. Bowhunt a Buffalo-did. Bowhunt many places & Canada-I have. Teach & take my kids Bowhunting-they are doing that now.
I have been fortunate to have made most of my Dream Bowhunts come true more than once. I have been blessed with many Bowhunts & family & this is the start of my 52nd year of Bowhunting Biggame. Took my 1st Deer in 1958, my 2nd year of Bowhunting & headed to Oklahoma in 2 weeks to Bowhunt some wild hogs.
Sharing Hunts with close friends & family make for the best hunting dreams.

GREEN & ENVY = ME!!!!

John,
You make me quite GREEN w/ ENVY!!! Good to hear that you've accomplished so much in your hunting career and you are passing it on in your family.

Bugling Elk is my first, Caribou second, and then 3rd, which I'll likely NEVER get and opportunity to do is RED DEER in New Zealand!!!! The first two are likely, the 3rd will probably forever only be a dream, unless I come by some major CASH with no strings attached to it!!! Hey, if everyone here gives me $1..........

Taking donations to make a hunter's dream come true, please send $1 or paypal $1 to my at.........
Old 05-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fulfilled one of mine this January. Got my own piece of Whitetail paradise to hunt on, 85 acres to be exact.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to hunt every day of November one year. I would like to be in the woods every single day of November, even if only for 1 hour.

I would like to establish a hunting tradition in my family so my kids and I can have a "deer camp" or at best, hook up to hunt and hang out each year. I don't have any family traditions or anything that I do each year, so to me spending a special time with my family each year would be my number 1 hunting dream.

Brett
Old 05-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dream of being blessed with the good health that allows me to continue to hunt year after year. Aside from that, Alaska-Yukon moose at about 10 yds. with a trad. bow sounds GREAT!
Old 05-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

One of my dreams I already fullfilled by shooting myself a large P&Y Black Bear scoring 20 5/16. My next dream is shooting a B&C Black Bear. 21" mininum to make Boone, I've seen them where we hunt so its a possibility but its also the biggest challenge I've faced yet! Something tells me It may happen some day. I'm not sure but for some reason I got that feeling. Just thinking about makes my hair stand on end!!
Old 05-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 dreams. I got my first last summer in Africa. And hopefully someday I can purchase my own land to have a family on.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought you ment real dreams.

I did have one once, when I woke up it came true. Killed a nice 8 just as I had dreamed it. One of those things that makes you smile when you think of it. I'd never even been there before but I saw the land and the deer just as I'd dreamed it.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

A nice NH buck over 100". I'll take more but can't be greedy.
Any deer works for me, as they are all trophies... But you did say dream!
How about the lottery that would work too!
Old 05-24-2008, 05:45 AM

My life long dream was to take a P&Y buck in my state. That dream became a reality in 2006.

Now my dream is to take high country mule deer with stickbow and a big spot and stalk spring bear..... I'll start working on those in 2009.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.