Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 05-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: You cant get any closer and not......misfortune !!

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

You know what really erks me, makes it worse...

my buddy has been hunting for a LONG time. Hes killed HUGE bucks, does it every year...Always sticks a mature buck, always bags a big tom...

Well, after the fact and specifically on the ride home..He keeps saying,"dude that was a HUGE tom..Did you see that beard hitting the ground....I swear he had a double beard. Man, he was a monster..If you got him that would have been the mother fathering chit....i cant believe he keeps gettin away dude"

I almost pushed him out of the car..
I don't care who you are, that is funny. LOL
Old 05-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

[blockquote]quote:

You know what really erks me, makes it worse...

my buddy has been hunting for a LONG time. Hes killed HUGE bucks, does it every year...Always sticks a mature buck, always bags a big tom...

Well, after the fact and specifically on the ride home..He keeps saying,"dude that was a HUGE tom..Did you see that beard hitting the ground....I swear he had a double beard. Man, he was a monster..If you got him that would have been the mother fathering chit....i cant believe he keeps gettin away dude"

I almost pushed him out of the car..
[/blockquote]

I don't care who you are, that is funny. LOL
Yea ? Ok..Well I was going to invite you for a deerhunt and put you in a great stand over a good buckstrail..Now, I'll still invite you, but Il'l hang a "special" stand, just for you....roughly 80yards from the trail...

Then, after the hunt....I'll say..man, that was a monster...I saw him from my stand, too. If you stuck him, youd be in the P&Y buck club !! You would have had a great mount hanging from your wall !!
Hey now, that's not fair. LOL. Besides I thought the funniest part of the story was how you said you were going to push him out of the car. I got this mental picture of a guy laughing and carrying on, then the next thing you know he's rolling down the side of Rt. 1 in Princeton wondering what happened.

BTW, did you see that NJ drivers were voted the dumbest in the US?[8D]
Old 05-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

man that sucks
Old 05-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I mean, we always have my primos wet box and my buddys slate, they are fail safes...

What kind of decoy was this? A hen, jake or tom?
Old 05-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm. They're definitely starting to turn off where I hunt. I went out this morning hunting and this evening trying to get one to talk and I heard nothing both times. The good thing about this time of year is that the toms are not closely connected to where they've been hanging out all spring anymore. They're roaming around in search of that one last hen that needs a little lovin' so if you've done your homework and know your birds you may have a surprise in store for you, in that you may very well see another tom that wasn't there previously. Good luck! Simp
Old 05-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-23-2008, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

IF it all goes as PLANNED...We should have him on the ground in the first half hour of light.
That's always the trick isn't it? Too bad the birds and bucks don't read the script. This time of year is definitely when it pays to have a good pair of walking boots. The guys who have scouted out the birds and sit and wait for them usually have some long hours ahead of them since they are usually quiet now and off their normal patterns.

Hopefully you guys can strike on up or get that big dog after he pitches down off the roost. I'd like to see you have that last laugh.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.