Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where do you buy and why?

Old 05-20-2008, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where do you buy and why?

I can't recall the last thing I didn't buy at th epro shop. BlueRidge Backwoods is an AWESOME shop, huge inventory and great service. I've established a relationship there now, so I try even harder to get stuff from them. Lady Forge from these forums works there actually. If they don't have it, they will order it, and it comes fast. I even bought my Goliath there, which at the time they weren't selling Summit, but ordered it up, and in two days, I was 20' up. I know that I am lucky to have a great shop nearby (45 minute drive) and I really feel for those guys that don't. When I go into Cabela's or Bass Pro I just cringe at what the "pros" are spewing. Back home in the U.P. there is a terrible shop, similar to some of the ones mentioned where they grumble when you want something, and the prices are just retarded. They wanted $149 for a Black Hole target last time I was up there. Needless to say, the target is still there collecting dust.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

cabelas, archerydiscount.com, sportsmans warehouse, sporstmans guide, pony express and the blue goose (local shops)

I pretty much buy where ever I can get the best buy.. factor in gas mileage to, since I live so far out of town.. more UPS drops offs and internet orders for me these days...
Old 05-20-2008, 02:05 PM

After child support I make about 12 grand a year, then I have rent, car payment, insurance, utilities and all the other little things. I have VERY LITTLE disposable income. I still have never purchased anything from ebay. Then again I don't have a ton of stuff either.

Paul
Old 05-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

I stock up at traditional archery rendezvous. (I usuallyattend witha shopping list.) Whatever I can't find or forget there, I order by internet suppliers. Occassionally, I buy or swap in internet classifieds. I very seldom set foot in actual stores, asthey typicallyhave apoor selectionand/or only offer a poor quality ofthetraditional items thatI'm looking for.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im about 50/50 between mega stores and pro shops. I love looking around in the mega store at all the eye candy, but if i need advice on certain equipment, i trust the pro shops with that more than the mega stores and purchase some things there as well.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

i voted internet
my local pro shop sucks and i mean sucks old stuff got scents that look like there from 2000 cheap junk bow little to no good equipment

theres a gander 25 miles up the road there ok alittle over priced i bought a 65 pound thrust trolling motor from bass pro.com 399 gander wanted 500 for a 55 pound thrust

all the reg stuff scents scent killer so on most come from walmart
Old 05-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

I try to support the local shops and stores as much as I can, but with my work schedule and archery not being that big in SC I have to order a lot of stuff off the internet. Sportsmans Guide, Cabeals, and a few others are my main picks.

Over the years Cabelas as always been my favorite. They may be a little more expensive from time to time, but I have yet to find a company with better customer service.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 PM

I buy most of my stuff on ebay or from cabelas online. I also get some stuff at the local fin feather and fur.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I buy from all of the above... Depends on what I am buying. I would not buy a bow or gun from a megastore or online... Accessories on the other hand... wherever the price is best.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I but mine from my pro shop becuase they set everything for me and everything.