Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you know what you want?

Old 05-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do you know what you want?

I chose, "PART II BELOW (seperation line, don't vote this option.LOL) " .....I'm sorry, Mobo ... I couldn't resist!!! so if you're wonderin' who voted that ...

Anyway, I will find a source to buy what I want, because I want it now ... of course I'm not real fond of my proshop .......

Example: I totally outfitted my bow from Buellahunter (sp?) on HNI because I liked him and he had what I wanted, and what he didn't, he got it right away ....

Old 05-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I chose, "PART II BELOW (seperation line, don't vote this option.LOL) " .....I'm sorry, Mobo ... I couldn't resist!!! so if you're wonderin' who voted that ...

Anyway, I will find a source to buy what I want, because I want it now ... of course I'm not real fond of my proshop .......

Example: I totally outfitted my bow from Buellahunter (sp?) on HNI because I liked him and he had what I wanted, and what he didn't, he got it right away ....

Old 05-19-2008, 01:31 PM

Mauser......If your shop is overcharging by that much, I can't blame you. But an honest question......How much are you really saving when you factor in shipping charges? You know that the online companies we order from charge MORE than actual shipping, right?

Besides, even if it is a couple bucks more, isn't it worth the relationship?
Old 05-19-2008, 01:32 PM

I normally know what I want when I go. I like to have a plan. I'm not big on shopping, I don't normally go to a store unless I need something to begin with. I'm normally on a mission, I go get what I want and leave, especially if it's a big store. I want to get in and get out. That being said I will normally ask for someones input if it's something I haven't owned before. Whether I take it to heart or not depends on the shop or store I'm in. There are some peoples opinions I value, and others not so much.

Normally I will drive around until I find what I want if I really want it, or call ahead and see of someone has it. I am lucky though, I have quite a few archery shops near me as well as a Cabela's and a Bass Pro shop with another one the way. Not to mention a large sporting goods chain and Gander Mountain. I have a small Pro Shop within walking distance of where I live, but if they don't have what I want and I want it I will drive the 20 or 30 miles to Cabela's or Gander Mountain if they have it. Sometimes farther. Normally when someone tells me they can order something I say " So can I, and probably cheaper. I sort of wanted it today". Now if they have one on display to show me or let me play with and it's something I don't need right now I will wait until they get them in again. Or sometimes I may have a local shop order something for me simply because I don't like buying stuff over the internet.

Paul
Old 05-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Site Bouncer

I usually know what I want before I go. I also check to make sure where I'm going has what I want so I don't wast a trip.

PreacherTony.....Nice Avatar!!

Old 05-19-2008, 01:45 PM

I would also like to add I don't go crazy about letting the price of something effect my decision. By that I mean if my local shop has something I want and Cabela's has it for 2 or 3 bucks cheaper I'm just going to get it here. Also if if they have it in stock or can get it soon I will pay a little extra vrs ordering online to save a few bucks. Chances are I will wait just as long either way.

Now if it's a considerable amount for the same product I might go for the cheaper one, like say my shop has a rest for $100 and a bigger store has the same one for $75 or something. 25 bucks is quite a bit of money for me. However I have found my local shops usually match or beat some of the bigger stores on price. The only thing Cabela's has on them is the amount of inventory they carry.

Paul
Old 05-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

I usually know what I want before I go. I also check to make sure where I'm going has what I want so I don't wast a trip.

I wanna look like you .... I took your pic to a Plastic Surgeon
Old 05-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Well then you better have brought it to "Omar, the tent maker/plastic surgeon" because he's going to need a lot of material for my fat arse.[&:]
Old 05-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Well then you better have brought it to "Omar, the tent maker/plastic surgeon" because he's going to need a lot of material for my fat arse.[&:]
LOL ........ allof a a sudden I just got scared ....

oops ... Sorry Mobo [&o]
Old 05-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the time I have done Allot of research on what I want, and know exactly what i want when I walk through the door. Sometimes I will ask for more advice. And most of the time I will wait if they don't have it depending on how long it takes for them to get it in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.