Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trail cam setups?

Old 05-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Trail cam setups?

How many trail cams are you running / going to runthis year?[/align][/align]What are the details of the trail cam sets you have? (ex. location, minerals, feeder, trail, funnel, fields, etc...)[/align]
Old 05-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trail cam setups?

I have a reconyx setup at a crossing that is hopefully going to produce the buck shown below this year. I have a Leaf River camera on the way that is going to be put on a salt lick Memorial Day weekend. I have another Leaf river should be here by July going to be putat a creekcrossing in small stretch of red oaks.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never used one yet. I plan on buying a couple in the next week or two and putting them on the new land N of Abilene. I have seen some big bodied deer out there but I want a better look. One will be on a trail the other a waterhole.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure your faster camera is on the trail.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 Moultrie I40s out. One is in a bottom where 4 trails come together coming off the hills. The other is on a trail that goes around the enda deep ravine. I am getting a few pics but not as many asI thought I would on these beaten down trails. It might have something to do with turkey season just being over and hunters in the woods disturbing them. Or maybe they are seasonal trails.

In IL we're not allowed to put out minerals or feed for the deer. They don't want the deer concentrated in one spot spreading CWD. Which has never been found, except in far Northern IL.

I'll post some pics later I got from the last couple of weeks.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm only putting out one Cuddeback EXcite in my area this season. It's public land and I wouldn't chance putting out more than one because of expense. I've used 2 35mm Deer Cams in the past, but they were much cheaper.I've yetto have one stolen, but I'm pretty careful where I locate them.
I put it right where I hunt, so what I see is what's in the imediate (sp) area. No real problems with spooking them either. I put it about thigh height, and it works well. I'm hunting an edge where a huge thicket meets the woods. It's somewhat of a staging area as they come from the thicket to the woods. I seem tohave thebest results (hunting)in the evening, but get great pics 24/7.Here's apic.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:37 PM

I have 1 Moultrie I40 out that I just put minerals in front of this past week
Old 05-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-17-2008, 11:05 PM

Well, I am currently down to one camera, but I plan on adding another to the stable this summer.

Now that I am done with turkey hunting and I won't have time to take my girl out chassing the birds, I am gonna put my feeder up and place my Cuddeback C3000 over it too monitor antler growth till mid-summer, and after that it will be moved to early season food sources (clover fields), and before archery season it will be going to a community scrape area.

I am gonna be picking up the new Reconyx camera, it is pricey at $600, but the trigger speed is supposed to be 1/10th of a second [:-]
Old 05-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Typical Buck

Im down to 3 cameras now.2 older stealth cams and 1 cuddeback no flash.Im really disapointed with the cuddebacks IR the Expert with flash is better.I usually dont put anything out but I thought I would try some Deer Kane.I usually setup my cams on field edges and watering holes.I think I get better pictures when I just randomly mount the camera along a trail or funnel.I have been having some problems with someone messing around with the Deer Kane block I put out.I checked my cameras today and I caught them.The blonde kid is the sheriffs son lucky for me his Dadis on my side he loves hunting to so I hope the kidsstay away.

Heres a little button buck in IR.

Quick Reply: Trail cam setups?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.