Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trail cam setups?

Old 05-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trail cam setups?

I just bought my first trailcam. A Moultrie gamewatcher 4.0

Old 05-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right now I am running 7 cams, I have 4 feed sites that are covered by camera, a water hole and a couple feeders that are covered by camera's. I will soon be moving them to trails after I start seeing some well developed antlers......Right now the protein sites are a good place to see the antlers coming in.....
Old 05-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will have 2 cudde's set up one on my Funnel that I hunt and the 2nd one will be on this new property that I aquired its a zoo I mean seriously a petting zoo. The guy see's anywhere from 25-35 deer in his backyard in the evenings.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I currently have one Leaf River, and one Moultrie D-40. I'm planning to add at least 4x more of the D-40's to my arsenal before July or so. Currently both my Leaf River and D-40 are out, but the batteries are dead in both. I've gotta pull them and plan to put a good6-8 cameras out on the property starting in probably July.

I will likely be setting 2x up on corn feeders, 1 up on a funnel that pours into a field (will probablyput a mineral lick right there too), and another up on a hard terrain pinch point that gets heavy traffic. I've usually only put them in areas that are easy to get to and over corn, this works to gettons of doe pics, but I'm going to try and focus on other areas that have move buck movementthis year instead.

I'm likely going to put them up so they only take daytime pics with no flash, and I'll definitely have a couple that are setup to catch trespassers specifically instead of deer.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have 4 cameras and all 4 are out year round. # 5 is just about finished. . All my cameras are Sony p32
I put them on trails and usually throw a little shelled corn and sweet feed on the trail so I can get different angles and a good look at anything using the trail. I also put them over mineral blocks with feed. When going to a new area I like to throw out shelled corn and creamed corn deer seem to flock to the canned corn and it gives me a quick idea of what is in the area
Old 05-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have mine out yet. They probably won't go out till August or so. I had 2 no flash cudde's out last year, this year I'll be buying the 2008 no flash cudde so now I'll have 3 out. I usually set the camera's up on very well used trails. Early in the year I'll keep them out of the deeper part of the woods, as time gets closer to the rut I'll move them in deeper and closer to where I think the big guys are running.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:16 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I have 4 cameras, 3 35mm and 1 digital. My digital is a moultrie game spy and it works great on mineral licks and feeders but I think it is to slow for trails. As for set ups I have 1 camera on my trophy rock lick, another camera on a fence crossing coming into my alfalfa field where I have also made another mineral lick (whitetail addiction) and my digital is on a spot where I have been feeding some turkeys. I really like setting my cameras on logging roads and scrapes during the pre-rut. There is a tree about 75 yards from my alfalfa field that has a scrape every year and I always get 10-15 bucks using it. Most pictures are after dark but it sure is nice to see what you are hunting. I run my cameras year around with the exception of the 3 weeks of spring turkey season and the 11 daysof rifle season.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've gotta pull them and plan to put a good6-8 cameras out on the property starting in probably July.
8 Cams on one property???? That's balls to the wall bro!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Earlier, a few responders mentioned being "down to x amount of camera(s)"... Is that due to theft?
Old 05-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Earlier, a few responders mentioned being "down to x amount of camera(s)"... Is that due to theft?
Although I am not one of those who said that, I have had two cameras stolen over the past few years.

Quick Reply: Trail cam setups?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.