Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 05-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I'm interested to know.....

I have only had one fall out with hunting buddies.

We were going after goats, me with a bow them with rifles, needless to say I never got in close enough for a shot. But these guy were blazing away at a mob of 6 to 8 goats at around 150 yards with a .22 and a .223. They put most of them onto the ground with a barrage of lead but three were still flopping around. they headed off to look for more targets and took offence when me and my bowhunting buddy showed disgust that they didn't firstly get in closer before firing and secondly didn't finish them off. Me and my buddy went up and finished them off with knives.

We don't hunt with those guys anymore!
Old 05-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

early in:
Then it just gets to join a bunch of others.
I dont think that people make alot of boring threads on here.....Then again, Im realatively new to hunting when compared to the rest..So maybe whats new to me is OLD NEWS to ya'll.
Those were there for a reason.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Not a problem with my buddies,but it was hell on my x-wives I'm told.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

easy toplay tough guy whenbehind a monitor.....
I only live in the Phila suburbs.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GregH

Do any of your PERSONAL hunting traits/habits start arguments with your buddies, or do they strongly disagree..like to the point where they joke about some of your antics ?
Have you ever noticed that the majority of successful big buck hunters are loners?!
I had a spot just behind where I parked my camper. I tried to keep the noise down at night. Then a Guy (I used to hunt with) brought another guy and they drank and hooted and hollered and guess how good my spot was after that.[&o]

Then they went near another spot I hunted with the quad and stomped around the beaver pond I hunted next to. They were going to trap the beavers![&o]

I hunt alone!
Old 05-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I roll solo 90%+ of the time.... Even when I hunt with a buddy it is on public land and 1000's of acres.. I go my way they go theirs (which is usually my suggestion because my buddies are all leaches.....) Only my brother has a mind of his own when it comes to hunting but he hardly bowhunts anymore because he is still in bass tournament season.
[/align]
[/align]I do have plans to hunt with an HNIer this fall who won't be a liability to me like my other buddies.
[/align]
Old 05-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GregH

Do any of your PERSONAL hunting traits/habits start arguments with your buddies, or do they strongly disagree..like to the point where they joke about some of your antics ?
Have you ever noticed that the majority of successful big buck hunters are loners?!
I am not a successful big buck hunter, heck I am not really a big buck hunter LOL , but I hunt alone 90% of the time because I believe there is a certain "way to hunt" and I am definitely a loner in that respect.

I hunted with my one very good friend and his buddy one time last year and his buddy said made a comment about doing "something". after we dropped him off at his spot and while we were walking to drop my buddy off at his spot (these are spots I found through scouting) I let my very good friend know that if his buddy did "something" they were on their own. My friend said his buddy was on his own and that he wouldn't be party to it if it were to happen.

I will still take my friend to my spots (he ismy brother) that 10% of the time but other than that I am alone.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]