Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the revenge rattler.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default the revenge rattler.

Well my labordor retreiver was running though some brush andthen this rattle snake started rattling so I told the dog to get out of there and Then I went in there with my DXT anda judo point so I find the snake and I barely draw back and wack I hit it in the back but it was still moving so I nocked another arrow and pulled half way back and wack he quickly expierdbut anyways keep an eye out fot these bugers.

Hey does anyone know how to tell how old these things are? it had 9 rattles on him

by the way that arrow is 25 inches.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: another one down for the count!

That is really cool guy, good shooting. be warned though somebody is going to think different.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MarquetteMagnum

That is really cool guy, good shooting. be warned though somebody is going to think different.
I know... but I found out there is NO season No hunting lincence required or nothin so that was cool to find out!
Old 05-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey if your running your dogs, or the kids are playing around, take em out. So what are you going to do with it now? We don't have many rattlers in Wisconsin so If I had that I would skin it, mount the skin, and eat the snake.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:34 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I ate my last big rattler and they taiste really good! but there is so little meat on them its a waiste of time to cook it and all that good stuff but I did I skined it out got it streched on a board with some borax on it so now I am just waiting for it to dry out.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Cool gig.

How close were you able to get ? How close when you shot ? Those things can lunge pretty far when they strike, right ?
hehehe about 2 and a half yards
Old 05-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

249 that is a bad ass Avitar,,, Semper-FI,,,, MOFO
Old 05-17-2008, 12:49 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

hehehe about 2 and a half yards
Good to go !! Thats striking distance !!
A rattler can strike around 1/3 to 1/2 its body length so at about 25 inches that bad boy could only strike a liitle over a foot.

Having said that I don't think I would be too keen to poke an arrow at one from that distance.

I am generally against killing snakes but thats easy to say when we don't have them where I live, and it would suck big time to have your dog killed by one.

Good shooting.

Oh and you cant really tell how old they are by how many rattles they have. They gain a rattle with each shed but in good conditions that can be 4 times a year or in bad times once a year. Also the rattles break off so they don't tend to get much more than 10 in the wild, but sometimes over 20 in captivity.

Quick Reply: the revenge rattler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.