Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5

Old 05-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default G5

Anyone use G5 gear? Was thinking about puttin their stuff on the new bow but wanted some opinions first.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: G5

I've been using G5 stuff for a few years. Ofcourse, you got to love their broadheads. I really like the peeps, have had great feedback on their strings as well. I currently have a Expert II rest installed, but just haven't got the kind of performance I'd like as far as consistency in group. I like the hostage rest concept, but have not used it yet. I'm still working with the Expert II. Overall, they make good products IMO.

Kelly
Old 05-16-2008, 04:29 PM

Great stuff. All their broadheads are good - bow sight is excellent - haven't tried the rest yet. G5 Meta peep is the "standard" of all bowstring peeps.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

They do make some good products. Sights took a while to get the bugs out of them (I am assuming they have) but they are still not one of the top 2 or 3 sights IMO.

As a dealer their shipping times are less than ideal.

Dan
Old 05-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the meta peeps in all my bows and love them.Im not a huge fan of the montec, but the striker, striker magnum are awsome heads. Im looking forward to trying the new teken broadhead, the new design is awsome. I have the new optix xr sight and the expert II rest on my 82nd airborn and have absolutely no complaints so far. I put the metrao string on my cardiac and have been very pleased so far.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:39 PM

Im using their BHs and the Meta Peep. I currently have Strikers but will pick up some Montecs this summer.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:43 PM

They have a catchy name, logo, heavily advertised, and over priced. I traded in my meta peep for a tru-fire. I am maybe only losing a foot per second but I do not have to worry about any peep problems. A tru-fire is half the price. All other ones are half the price for that matter.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

The Meta peep is a must. Their sights are good, I am happy with mine, but not so happy that I quit looking at other types. The tekken mechanical heads are good, I know many people who use them with great success. Overall, I think they make as goodof equipment as any one else.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the feedback.
What kind of bugs did the sights have? Thats the main thing I was interested in.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only use their peeps I looked at their sights and IMO they were very over priced. Heard that it was noisy and some screws wouldn't tighten down and would break if you tried to tighten them down. I don't know if those things are true but i read it enough times to make me look at other sights. If you want reviews you can go on the cabelas website and search for the sights you want and most the time there are reviews for you to read.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.