Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Marquis vs 101 vs Guardian vs Switchback

Old 05-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Host of Hosts

Default Marquis vs 101 vs Guardian vs Switchback

OK I know most of you will tell me to get out and shoot one to see for myself. I own a 101 and a Guardian and truthfully I don't think they are real harsh on the draw. My dealer has a Marquis and it is a 70 lber and I want a 50-60. I know it could be turned down ,but I have a hard time with that being as how most bows shoot better on the maxed out side. Another thing I have a problem with is just throwing on a rest and taking a few shots. I don't feel I can get an accurate feel for a bow this way. I have bought bows in the past based on a few shots and decided later they weren't for me. The General comes to mind.

So I'm asking you guys and trusting your judgment. How much smoother would a Marquis be over a General or 101? I have shot a few Switchback's and know how the draw cycle feels. How would the Marquis compare?
Old 05-16-2008, 10:58 AM

Default RE: Marquis vs 101 vs Guardian vs Switchback

DOESNT BUY THE MATHEWS
Old 05-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

There is no comparison between the smoothness of the Marquis and either the General or the 101st. I typically shoot my Marquis 50x a day, and on Tuesdays and Saturdays it's more like 120, and that's at 64#. I know there's no way I could do that with either of the other two bows, nor would I really want to.

There is only one other bow I've found to compare as favorably to my Marquis, and that's my Diamond Liberty.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your gonna get a smoother draw cycle with the Marquis, I love that bow, but then i shot the Generel in which isnt that bad at all and considerably better when you release the arrow If you laid the two in front of me, Id probably close my eyes and grab one.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BruceW63
There is only one other bow I've found to compare as favorably to my Marquis, and that's my Diamond Liberty.
The Marquis is very Smooth, but the Liberty is Super Smooth. It depends I guess on exactly what you want. I really doubt you would be disappointed with either of those Bows.

Dan
Old 05-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Host of Hosts

So I'm asking you guys and trusting your judgment. How much smoother would a Marquis be over a General or 101? I have shot a few Switchback's and know how the draw cycle feels. How would the Marquis compare?

ooops I meant to write Guardian or 101
Old 05-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

ooops I meant to write Guardian or 101
I was wondering if you had tried Smooth mods on the General.

They really makes it silky smooth

Dan
Old 05-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

The Marquis is very Smooth, but the Liberty is Super Smooth.
Dan
You're absolutely correct in that assessment, Dan. The 60# Liberty, for me, is like drawing my wife's 40-pounder.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are looking for smooth, look at the Black Ice. I just bought the 101 and love it, but the Ice is a sweet little setup.

how most bows shoot better on the maxed out side.
why is this true? I have never heard this. I know lots of guys that shoot 60 to 70 lb bows at 60, 61, 62.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

If you are looking for smooth, look at the Black Ice. I just bought the 101 and love it, but the Ice is a sweet little setup.

how most bows shoot better on the maxed out side.
why is this true? I have never heard this. I know lots of guys that shoot 60 to 70 lb bows at 60, 61, 62.
It may not be as much as it used to be, but most bows are a little more effecient maxed out.

Dan

Quick Reply: Marquis vs 101 vs Guardian vs Switchback

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.