Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Smoke Broadheads!

Old 05-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Smoke Broadheads!

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

ORIGINAL: HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

X2
HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITEDDidn't you post last week you were looking for slick trick broadheads? So what's up with this post.

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I can get slick tricks for half the price and I do not have to worry about pliancy or whether I have the correct tip for the correct animal. Why on earth would I want to add all this extra stuff into using a broadhead? If anything, I want to simplify my bowhunting not make it more complex.
Yes sir! I cannot legally use smoke broadheads in Oregon. They are considerd a expandable and Oregon does allow expandables for big game animals!
Man, that sucks. You're a pro staffer for a company and you can't even use their product? That's a shame.

I am a huge proponent of expandable broadheads, but my main purpose for choosing them is the oversized cutting diameters I can get with them, so the 1 1/8" cut on the smoke doesn't interest me. I might be interested in the 1 1/4" cut broadheads, but now SlickTrick has the GrizTrick in the same diameter. If it shoots well that would be my choice.

Looks like a cool design though. Good luck with the product.
Hey thanks!

yeah I can't wait for the ramcats to come out! I will tell you how those are in july when they come out! now those you know are going to expand every time! and they are $10 cheaper to!
Old 05-17-2008, 12:55 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

If they do not open on a foam target I am not buying into them! Hell my rages open when I shot them threw paper!
A-MEN !!

If I look at my Rages with an attitude, they open up like a furocious animal- just to let me know they are bad arse !!
I love rages to but mine the rubber bands break off after a few shots with it[:@]
Old 05-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

If they do not open on a foam target I am not buying into them! Hell my rages open when I shot them threw paper!
A-MEN !!

If I look at my Rages with an attitude, they open up like a furocious animal- just to let me know they are bad arse !!
I love rages to but mine the rubber bands break off after a few shots with it[:@]
If you're into expandables, go with the Spitfires! They leave an obscene hole in a deer.You can rely on them.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

A-MEN !!

If you're into expandables, go with the Spitfires!
I agree!

Just look at my avatar!
Old 05-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

ORIGINAL: early in

A-MEN !!

If you're into expandables, go with the Spitfires!
I agree!

Just look at my avatar!
Mike, you forgot the part about the obscene hole!!
Old 05-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone here shot the smoke BH's at a live target yet?
Old 05-17-2008, 06:55 PM

those are some sweet looking heads, but for 43 bucks there is no way.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:26 AM

Does it really matter what type of broadhead you use??? Personally I don't think it does.
Weather you use a mechanical Ultra Death Bringer 2000 or a stone flint wrapped in horse hair.
I useMuzzy because their on sale at wal-mart for $12 for 3. Just as long as it has blades and
a tip I believe you'll be fine.It's where you place your shot is what matters.....
Old 05-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

Has anyone here shot the smoke BH's at a live target yet?
Yup!

Quick Reply: Smoke Broadheads!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.