Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need the FULL scoop on the DXT

Old 05-15-2008, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need the FULL scoop on the DXT

I started my quest for a new bow recently and had all intentions to join the Bowtech Mafia!!

I have shot almost everything in the Hoyt, Matthews, PSE, Diamond and Bowtech lines. I have shot a lot of great bows compared to my old hunk of junk spittin out at 258fps. Needless to say I haven't purchased it yet but I will be buying a Katera, the bow the shop FORCED me to shoot. Here are the bows IMO that shot the best.

1. Katera
2. General
3. Guardian
4. DXT
5. Vectrix
6. Allegiance
7. Black Ice
8. Marquis
9. Drenalin

For the record I have never liked Hoyt and never owned one, I have never shot a bow with such a low brace height that I liked either. What I found was all the above bows shot great and all had their high points. I found the Katera fast, foregiving and accurate even though it looks like an antique compared to some of the Bowtech's, PSE's and Matthews.
This is my opinion, if I have a Bowtech sticker on my truck after I leave the Gym this morning I understand as I have regretfully declined my membership in the Bowtech Mafia

Old 05-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I appreciate all of your information and time you spent posting...

My Matthews 32 had serving issues that drove me nuts and I do not shoot alot...I heard a comment that the DXT had that as well....I keep hearing Katera and the low brace is not that bad if you shoot one...

I will not rule out the Bowtech & Matthews..I will shoot them all....but when I goto the range I will have my sights on the Katera because of the experience I have had with my 03 Havoctec....I'm thinking if I beat the culture change of the low brace...the Katera may suck me in....it does not have the design and cuts the competitiors have but I think the Katera may be the one for me....We'll see after I fling some carbon....thanks again guys...
Old 05-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer the Drenalin to the DXT, shorter always has seemed to be a marketing thing to me, I know I think the DXT gains a few fps....over the Dren, as if that matters? the longer more forgiving Dren has my vote. But you can't go wrong with either.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:27 PM

The new Hoyt Katera is one sweet shooter and very speedy@ 330 also the DXT is very good as well. I tried them before buying an 07 Browning Illusion very smooth and sneaky fast 65lbs 28.5" Blackhawk pro sreies 4000 @ 321

www.bowhuntersrave.com

Old 05-16-2008, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

All I can say Is I have shot a hoyt for 8 years and just switched to the 101st and not because of anybody on this site. Just put them in your hand and the rest will speak for it's self!!! Walt
Old 05-16-2008, 05:09 AM

I shot a hoyt for 5 years until i picked up a black ice they are sweet!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its smooth its fast its 60/70# its quiet lots of penatration really accurate good bow! I just won one in a archerey shoot. I took first out of 35 people but I just got it about 2/3 weeks ago and I love it!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Comes with the best limbs money can buy... And top-end strings... I think I can get you the contact info to get one cheap, if their shooter program is still up and running.

I bought an Iron Mace last year - totally badass bow... Brand new for $530 + tax.

Link to their admittedly crappy website. http://highcountryarchery.com/index.htm