Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which best describes you...

Old 05-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default Which best describes you...

This would be coming from yourself,friends and family.I just thought it be interesting to see how this would shake out.I have to much time on my hands.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:24 PM

Default RE: Which best describes you...

That's a tough question. I consider myself above average at both. But not nearly as good at either as I can be, or want to be. I have a long way to go. My parents and most of my buddies would say I'm a better shot than I give myself credit for.....I'm not so sure about that, I think they're just being supportive.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:25 PM

I prefer not be known to be honest. Actually I guess it would depend on who you talk to. Would Chuck Adams think I am a good hunter, probably not. And I doubt the Ragsdale's would think I'm a great shot either. Then again I know guys that have been hunting for years and not killed a deer yet, I manage to kill one every year I hunt. And there are guys that have trouble hitting a 3-D target at 30 yards that are amazed I can group arrows at 60.

Me personally I would consider myself an above average marksman, both gun and bow for my area and circle of friends. I have no doubt there are many better than I, but at least I don't suck (in my eyes anyway). And I would consider myself a mediocre hunter, mainly because I don't spend as much time at it than others do. I enjoy it, but I'm not as passionate about it as some of you guys or others that I know. I enjoy shooting more than I do actually hunting.

Paul
Old 05-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say an average to above average hunter, average shot outside of 30 yards - 30 yards and under I am extremely confident
Old 05-14-2008, 01:29 PM

I'm a better shot than I am a hunter.
Lucky for the deer.
Too bad for my freezer.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well.... I ha;pen to have a head that is extraordinarily large ....not due to pride, but mere girth .....so I picked that one

As far as my hunter prowess, ........I'm a wall of shamer ...so put me where you like ...... your gonna anyway
Old 05-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Well.... I ha;pen to have a head that is extrodinarily large ....not due to pride, but mere girth .....so I picked that one

As far as my hunter prowess, ........I'm a wall of shamer ...so put me where you like ...... your gonna anyway
Never.This is for giggles only.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-14-2008, 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

That's a tough question. I consider myself above average at both. But not nearly as good at either as I can be, or want to be. I have a long way to go.
x2 I know I havent lived up to my potential yet and I hope Im getting better at both when Im 60.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm by no means an excellent shot on the 3-d coarse, I do alright but not as good as allot of Traditional shooters do. When it comes to making my shots count when I'm bow hunting with my recurve, I do very well. My family and friends usually know when we go out blood trailing that night for my critter its more then likely going to be a short blood trail. On the hunting side of it it depends on what animal were talking about. If its bear everyone in my family or the friends that are hunting with us will usually come to me with a question on the size of bear or the number of bear hitting the bait and or where the bear is coming from and if I think he'll come into the bait that particular evening or morning. Me and bear hunting have gotten along very well but I'm still learning more and more every year.

The whitetail side of it I'm still learning. I've had allot of 3.5 year old border line P&Y bucks within range through out the years that I've chosen to pass being I want a definite P&Y and I'd like to let them go till there 4.5. My dad is the king of the family with these whitetails, he has more knowledge then most people I know with these things. He'll ask me opinions on what I think about an area but all in all he usually goes with his gut instinct. In time I hope I can be as successful as he has hunting these 4.5 year old mature bucks.

I voted as known as a great shot/average hunter. This is all hunting related, not target shooting on how I voted.

Quick Reply: Which best describes you...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.