Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which best describes you...

Old 05-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which best describes you...

Most of my friends & non-hunting family think I am Daniel Boone/Fred Bear reincarnated because all they know is I kill lotsa deer & some are big. And they have no clue.

To most hunters I know, I would guess they probably would think I am a little above average.

Myself, I know better in that I usually get the job done in a given situation, but I don't hold a candle to a lot of guys I consider great hunters.

And regarding being a good shot. I am a better hunter than I am a shooter. But both have come a long ways. The shooting probably more than the hunting.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

im a great shot but there are others that are better and im a great hunter and yet again there are still others that are better than me
Old 05-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

IM THE MAN!!

But seriously, among all of my hunting buddies, i generally shoot the most, and biggest, deer. Also, i generally win all of the summer shoots between the buddies. Im not expert though thats for sure, its all relative...
Old 05-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm much to arrogant to answer this Q.

But I am a far better hunter than a shootist.. I'm a good shot when I need to be.. but not a shooting expert for sure.

I won't vote.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can relate to what a lot of you have already said.So much of this is relative.For my own goals and expectations I would consider myself good in both the shooting and hunting aspects,but this is coming from myself as an experienced hunter and someone who is very hard on themselves.
Within the local hunting community at large and within my family I believe I am seen as a very competent hunter.Like Ryan some of my gun hunting relatives can't fathom my success on nice bucks and bear with archery equipment.
I guess the most arrogant or confidant thing I would say is that I feel like I can hold my own with just about anyone and I think most would appreciate my enthusiasm for all aspects of hunting.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

That's a tough question. I consider myself above average at both. But not nearly as good at either as I can be, or want to be. I have a long way to go. My parents and most of my buddies would say I'm a better shot than I give myself credit for.....I'm not so sure about that, I think they're just being supportive.
My parents are the same way they same i am a perfect shot, but i know i am notbut i am just starting to hunt alot so right now i would say a great shot but average hunter. Hopefully it will soon change to both being equal.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

well with a bow, im not great, but i can shoot to kill a deer out to 30 yards. so i would say either a little below average, to average.
but, i know A LOT more about whitetails, and turkeys, than a lot of the people i have hunted with. i credit all of that to my dad. hes taught me everything i know.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

There was not a choice for me but I would have to say average for both!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

I think I am a better hunter than shot,with that said I can't remember the last deer I missed,but shooting at a dot is harder for me than shooyimg at a live animal.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I should be a better shooter. I don't practice enough. I do alright as a hunter. I put in a lot of time so eventually a buck is bound to wander by me.

Quick Reply: Which best describes you...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.