Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wHAT KINDA STAND YOU HUNT OUT OF MOST

Old 05-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wHAT KINDA STAND YOU HUNT OUT OF MOST

I posted a post few weeks ago about ladder stands

Here is how my brain has dissected what I want to do since then

In 06 I was in a hunting club on the east coast of Nc, there were 18 members hunting 3500 acres- what I can't get over and why i will stand in my beliefs is the fact that 5 members took all of the bucks - these 5 members me being one of them used climbers the majority of the time we hunted - the other members sit in box stands, ladder stands, tripods, etc

I have made my mind up to get another climber - since mine is about 10 years old and continue to run and gun - this gives me the ability to hunt a new tree - fresh spot everytime -lot more flexibility
Old 05-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

API climber 95% of the time, lock on the other 5%.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I mainly hunt public land so a climber is really the best option. Especially since I might have to move a few times in a day due to other hunters or non-hunters that can't read the hunting only signs.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

either hunters view or texas trophies fiberglass stands
Old 05-14-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hang ons exclusively.I have 12 or 13 of them.Most of them are really inexpensive.I will be buying a Lone Wolf alpha assault pretty soon to use as a jump around stand,I'm not sure whether I am going to buy the sticks or use tree steps.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Last year I hunted out of a climber very often, trust me...it wasnt the plan...and I didnt like it.

Climbers are too noisy, too heavy, you have to hump them in, out, set them up, break them down. All making your core temp raise which will cause you to sweat and leave scent. Not to mention the extra noise. Think you dont make noise ? BS..Things his the stand, you have to climb, things bump the stand while climbing. You pull your bow up, it hits the rail. They are too noisy, even with noise reducing modifications.

I did shoot my buck out of a climber.

They are comfortable, though. And mobile. Once I found a good tree, I left it attatched to the base, all season. If I had aqquired my property earlier, I would have had hang ons all over, like I do this year.

I have 1 ladder that is set up on a GOOD funnel.

I have, man...about 20 or so hang on sets hung already.
LOL....whatever. I've shot every deer I've ever killed out of a climber, and that's quite a few. Some of us don't have the money to buy 20, 30 or however many fixed stands, climbing sticks or steps....Hell, a good fixed stand isn't cheap....Let's just figure 80 bucks for a good one. Yes, I know there are cheaper, but they are just that.....CHEAP. Speaking of noisy.....cheap fixed stands are about as loud as they come. So, if the average good stand is 80 bills, ah hell, let's go 50, just for the sake of argument. And you have 20 sets....Hell, that's $1000 just in stands, not to mention climbing stix......

NO THANK YOU. I spent $240 on my climber, and I can hunt everywhere I want to. As far as humping them in, setting them up, and taking them out.....Suck it up. It's still not as much work as setting all those stands in the spring.
You nailed it.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lock ons!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

climber mostly,ladder stand sometimes.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use all ladder stands right now, but I would really like to have a climber, and a tripod.

Quick Reply: wHAT KINDA STAND YOU HUNT OUT OF MOST

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.