Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you kill a snake?

Old 05-15-2008, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Would you kill a snake?

What if, using the SAME reasons ya'll have posted, I said I killed big velvet bucks in the early fall? I HATE them, they SCARE me, they're dangerous, they're just deer, whats the big deal ?

How would ya'll react? I'd be grilled for sure over it.

I understand humans have an innate fear of snakes, but it shouldn't rule you. Most people can't tell one snake from another and kill any snake they can. Thats a great way to show how conservation minded hunters are, bravo people [] I frequent snake lover boards, do you know how hard it is to try and positively represent you people (supposedly my fellow hunters) ? They're snakes, 99.999999999999999999% of the time they'll leave you alone, they're part of our ecosystem for a reason, leave them be.

If you just kill things without a good reason, then the ARA's are right - ya'll are a just a bunch of uneducated, bloodthirsty, kill for the fun of it slobs. []
So now we're going to compare snakes with deer! Wonderful! All you snake killers are heartless SOBs! What about ants? I stomp on them too! How about a mouse?News flash, it's JUST A SNAKE! Spare me the "Wardens of The Enviorment" crap.Your worried about representing me on a snake lovers board? To a bunch of people thatdrop a mouse in a container with a snake, and watch the mouse cringe in terror until the snake eats to whole? You gotta be kidding!
Old 05-15-2008, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well put, Very well put!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am the king of all garter snakes! All you chicken-snake-scardies bow before me or i will put them in your beds!!
muhahahaha
Old 05-15-2008, 07:26 AM
Banned

So now we're going to compare snakes with deer! Wonderful! All you snake killers are heartless SOBs! What about ants? I stomp on them too! How about a mouse?News flash, it's JUST A SNAKE! Spare me the "Wardens of The Enviorment" crap.Your worried about representing me on a snake lovers board? To a bunch of people thatdrop a mouse in a container with a snake, and watch the mouse cringe in terror until the snake eats to whole? You gotta be kidding
Not kidding at all and you cannot defend my suggestion that its an equal deed to kill a snakefor XXX reasonsand to kill a big velvet buck for the same reasons.

Youhate snakes + they can bite and kill = you kill them anytime you can

I hate deer + Deer related deaths far outnumber snake related deaths = I kill deer anytime I can

There, we're all even

Old 05-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was going to get a snake tattoo on my arm, but I think too many of you would try to shoot me, run me over, or bash me with a shovel. [:'(]
Old 05-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Banned

moose1915my daughter would LOVE to see mating garter snakes by the hundreds
Old 05-15-2008, 12:27 PM

I don't really kill any snakes.

It's too hard to do while running away, trying to find dry underwear.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I don't even think I'd kill a poisonous one at my house.........I'd catch it and relocate him somewhere.

Seriously.

I have no fear of snakes and understand their benefits to the habitat. I have never understood the irrational reaction of killing every snake a person sees just because they're snakes. ESPECIALLY those who kill harmless species like Garter, Milk, Corn etc snakes......good lord get over the fear.

And people who carry revolvers with snakeshot just for snakes? Where are you guys walking, the outback of Australia?

Now if you have a place where kids play quite a bit in a rural setting it might be best if any dangerous snakes get the heave-ho and I DO have Copperhead skins on my longbow limbs.
Learn what different snakes look like and enjoy them for what they are.......they're actually pretty cool when you realize they all won't kill you or chase you for miles down a wooded trail.

Ditto!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

The fear of snakes is a primal fear thats beenaround sincethe beginning of time, if you like snakes,you've been domesticated by the devil .Just kidding, I kill every copperhead and cottonmouth I see, I leave the rest alone.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im chiming in a little late but the only snakes that get to me are black water snakes we have in ponds here in Ohio. Not moccasins (sp?), which for some reason people believeexist up here, but the regular black ones that get around 3 feet long. Some places i have fished at ive had to run from the little buggers cuz they chase you around. And swimming with them around is no fun either. A kid in my enviremental science class last year tried to catch one and he got bit in the wrist and bled like no other until he got to the nurses office. He was kinda an idiot though

Quick Reply: Would you kill a snake?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.