Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you kill a snake?

Old 05-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you kill a snake?

I go out of my way to stay away from them. I hate them and no I would not kill one cause I would run first and then crap my pants. I HATE SNAKES...a good one is a dead one but I dont stick around for long enough to kill them!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Put it this way: If I'm cruising along in fifth gearin the J.D., with thedeckdown and the Blades of Glory whirring away... And I happen upon an unlucky snake...

Kerchunk.

The Serpent Slayer

I don't usually go out of my way to kill them though. Butthe opportunity to loga "confirmed kill" with the riding tractor doesn't come along everyday.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

and I have NEVER seen a snake chase anyone for even a few yards...strike, followed by a lunge in my direction(maybe call it "comming at me")..never more

Have you actually been chased ??
No I have never been chased.......LOL It was a tongue in cheek generalization about people who kill snakes for any irrational excuse they can think of.
(Man I need to stop using sarcasm in posts )
Old 05-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last Saturday I was setting up my trail cams and ran into a very large copperhead (needless to say he didn't survive the glock .45 corbons) I hunt in S.E. Oklahoma and snakes are thick.

I normally wouldn't have shot him, but a lady at my work was recently struck several times by one and still has some nerve damage from the bite. The snake was in my way and showed no signs of moving, so I went ahead with it. I don't think they are mean, but they are highly defensive and I had work to do.

Anyways, I am now going to buy snake boots before going back in there. The brush is pretty thick and I was lucky to spot him.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

i neverkill snakes i like them .this year i was about to go over a fence while turkey hunting and just about stepped on a copperhead so i crossed a little farther down the way.
just hope all the ones shooting snakes dont do what some cops in a nearby town did.they got a call of a stuck snake in a bird house so to get rid of the snake they took out their pistols and shot at it,well just so happens at a nearby pond a grandfather and young grandson were fishing,yeah you got it the grandson died from a bullet to the head from these idiot cops. snake wasnt worth all that.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:53 PM

Only if I thought I had to, otherwise I just leave them alone. Most of the time they don't want to have anything to do with you anyway.

Paul
Old 05-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have no fear of these creatures one bit but I'll shoot them or run there ass over without a second thought!
Old 05-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

Copperheads are a pretty rarely seen and reclusive snake from my experience.
That would be your experience, not mine. I've killed three copperheads around my house. Two with a shotgun, one with my truck. I ran him over in the driveway, and yes, I backed over him again. I know two people that were bitten by copperheads, not pretty. Blacksnake nailed me a few years back, Hurt like hell. I could care less about snakes in the woods somewhere, they don't bother me in the least. Butaround the house? DEAD!
Old 05-14-2008, 04:17 PM

I voted every snake is a dead snake, but by accident.

I love snakes, in a way. Used to be terrified, but now I will pick em up and what not. I only kill poisonous snakes that get too close. Call me a coward, but I'm not going to let a water moccasin cruise on by 2 feet from my leg while frog gigging. Im betting half of you wouldn't either.

Snakes are cool, I like em. Spiders, noooooo way, Id rather wrestle a Lion who hasn't eaten for a week than take on a few spiders. They really creep me out for some reason.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny this subject came up... My oldest boy and I were out walking around the house yesterday, and found this little cutie out by the garden...

Quick Reply: Would you kill a snake?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.