Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you kill a snake?

Old 05-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you kill a snake?

I just plain dont like them, period. I can walk up on one and not be afraid, but still kill it
Do you kill everything that you walk up on that you do not like?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Any snake can hurt you. You can fall and break your leg running from it so you're better off killing it. EDIT: I'm kidding, I have had several pet snakes over the years. I wouldn't kill any snake, I would leave it in peace or remove it from the area if I felt it was a threat.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like everything elseJust not snakes. Yea they're fascinating creatures to look at in a cage, or in a magazine, or at the zoo even, with a 20ft python or whatever, but in my backyard? Or while I'mfishing? not really a fan.

Guys Im not as biased as i sound on here, Im realy not. I was fishing the otherday with asmall copperhead,he stayedin hisarea of the creek and I stayed on mine. Imsaying if i run up on one and its me and him.Then I dont like them.

EDIT: I kill black widows and Brown Recluses too..... Out of fear.[]
Old 05-14-2008, 10:22 AM

I agree with Ryan 100%, it is one of my biggest pet peeves to see morons go out and kill snakes just because they don't like them. Why? Does it make you feel like a big strong tough guy? Get over it, just turn and let it be.

What really pisses me off is seeing these same whack jobs out on the trout streams causing all kinds of crap because there is a "copperhead" swimming in the stream. These guys are slapping their rods and chucking rocks at this "evil beast", all the while as it swims past me I notice that it is nothing more than a common brown water snake that is entirely harmless.

I am gonna start my own tradition, next time I am out with buddies and I see them beat a snake over the head simply because it is a snake, I am gonna pick up a stick and beat them over the back of the head simply because they are morons [:@]
Old 05-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

What really pisses me off is seeing these same whack jobs out on the trout streams causing all kinds of crap because there is a "copperhead" swimming in the stream. These guys are slapping their rods and chucking rocks at this "evil beast",

WOW, see guys, Im not that bad at all.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only kill mature snakes.[8D]
Old 05-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

If it's a black, rat, garter or otherwise harmless snake - no, wouldn't kill it under normal circumstances

If it's poisonous then I'd kill it if it was too close to the house or barn, otherwise I wouldn't go out of my way to kill one.

But it is only a snake for cryin' out loud, if you want to kill it, kill it, what's the big deal.

I'm waiting for the 'Would you kill a mouse, spider, etc.?'thread
Old 05-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

If it's a black, rat, garter or otherwise harmless snake - no, wouldn't kill it under normal circumstances

If it's poisonous then I'd kill it if it was too close to the house or barn, otherwise I wouldn't go out of my way to kill one.

But it is only a snake for cryin' out loud, if you want to kill it, kill it, what's the big deal.

I'm waiting for the 'Would you kill a mouse, spider, etc.?'thread
Thats the best post Ive read this whole thread, I needed that too.Thanks.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:40 AM

I usualy dont killem, cept poisionus ones that I find around the yard because of my kids and dogs. However I live in a neighborhood and i have only came across 2, one a kingsnake the other a copperhead. So one lived and the latter dident.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was fishing the otherday with asmall copperhead,he stayedin hisarea of the creek and I stayed on mine.

Chances are you were looking at a common Brown or Northern watersnake......they have "similar" markings and will be found around streams and ponds. Copperheads are a pretty rarely seen and reclusive snake from my experience. I've seen exactly 2 in my entire life........but HUNDREDS of water snakes.
People confuse watersnakes and Copperheads all the time and it generally costs the watersnake his life.

Quick Reply: Would you kill a snake?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.