Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who Hunts With a Keller Pendulum Sight?

Old 05-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who Hunts With a Keller Pendulum Sight?

I would like to find out about the Keller Pendulum Tree stand sight. If any of you guys (or gals) hunt with this sight and if you like it and would reccomend it.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who Hunts With a Keller Pendulum Sight?

I hunted with the old school Keller for YEARS. Killed a lot of deer with it. That one looks a lot newer than the model I have so I can't comment too much. I've always been a fan of treestand sights for people who that is thier predominant method of hunting.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

I've heard alot of good things about the Keller pendulum, some downfalls also. Mainly shooting off the ground thats whyI'll probably be trying the new truglo this year that is a Pendulum and aslider sight.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use regular sights and a pendulum. I always have been a fan of pendulum sights for my bow hunting just because I dont normally hunt off the ground unless Im turkey hunting in which case I bring my target bow. Most new pendulums lock out for shooting on the ground at 20 yards.I do preffer regular sights but sometimes I get a little excited and things happen quick out there in which casea pendulumeliminatesguessingyardages even after Ive sat there markingyardages for the past 2 hourswaiting for deer lol, one less mistake for me to make. Ive done pretty well over the years with pendulums so they do work for me at least but to each his own, lots of options thats for sure.Until youve shot one for a season or 2 its hard to really appreciate them.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

I used to hunt with a Kellar years ago and it was a very accurate sight and delivered as advertised,the only thing I did not like about it was that it was hard to see in low light conditions.The model I had could be locked down for ground shooting.I still have it in my gear case.I killed several deer with that sight.So to answer your question it will perform well,but imo there are better pendulems on the market that offer more,such as high visabillity and pinpoint sight pin placements for ground shooting.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

On my last bow, I had an older looking version and liked it alot.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: janesburg

Here's the "older" version of the Keller Pendulum sight. I guess they still make the older version of it.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: RidgeFACTOR

ORIGINAL: janesburg

Here's the "older" version of the Keller Pendulum sight. I guess they still make the older version of it.
Yep.that's the one I have,don't use it anymore ,but it is a good sight.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Although I never hunted with a Keller, I do have some generalized experience pertaining to pendulum sights. I hunted with a Savage pendulum for about 6 yrs, and loved it. Shooting on the ground tended to be a bit tricky especially since I was shooting it on a Buckmaster 2000. However, my first archery buck taken was with that sight and I credit having that sight with being the only reason I made an excellent shot with how the situation presented itself. The deer came in running, slowed to a trot quartering away, I pulled back (I was young and terrible at yardage estimation, I just knew he was within 30yds), held the pin behind his shoulder, he came to stop and I sent it through him. They're great for the 30yd and under treestand situations. Just hold it on and go. Today, with some of the speed bows, though, you can get away with a fixed single/multiple pin set at 25yds and it will be just as deadly out to 30yds. If you do any significant shooting on the ground, I would just go with a multiple fixed pin sight.