Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For everyone + Shultzy...Girls Hunt Too....

Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: For everyone + Shultzy...Girls Hunt Too....

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

That it so awesome TFOX...I can't wait to hug my girl on her first deer...

That was her 4rth deer I believe.This was her first when she was 8.We didn't find it untill the next season but fully intact.
Check out the board she broke to help her earn her black belt.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For everyone + Shultzy...Girls Hunt Too....

Its a CVA Stag HornIt has a simple bolt safety that just need pulled back and them you rotate the bolt 1/4 inch. Its a 50 cal. It was my first inline and I shot several deer with it. I got another one and passed this one on to the kids. She's good with it but I kid her she missed getting that deer by 1/4 inch. Its realy my fault because I never even thought to have her practice getting the safety off. I got to give her credit though she had him dead to rights. She was up in position and ready (other than the safety) sighted in on him and everything.

Without telling the whole story over. I heard the buck grunt out about 50 yards or so. I saw the two does first and had her get ready for the lead doe. Then I wispered to her to wait because I saw the buck bringing up the rear. Man that safety save me some money. I would have taken that one to the taxi.