Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 05-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-10-2008, 05:53 PM

Default RE: Does anyone NOT shoot doe...

I made the decision last fall that I wasn't shooting anything w/out antlers first. Ya can't shoot a buck if you shoot a doe, so I let them walk. Shot my buck on a saturday morning, and by that friday I had a doe on the ground.

Same game plan this fall.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:54 PM

mobow, why can't you shoot a buck if you shoot a doe??
Old 05-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

there was a time I would take antlerless deer, then at the start of the 2002 season we saw so many less deer (public land) so we don't take them unless if one is injured, we are seeing more deer and the racks are the same
Old 05-10-2008, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

mobow, why can't you shoot a buck if you shoot a doe??
Well, I CAN......but odds are definetly against it.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not shot a doe in four years with a bow. There is no one reason why in retrospect. Partly, shooting and dressing deer is a bit of a hassle. Partly, most of my early season spots are infrequently traveled by does and at other times of the year I know a buck may be just around the corner....and partly because of tradition. I take does for the freezer with a ML in the late season on 'family' hunts. It ruins less meat with a carefully placed bullet at close range. Also, I know I will run into a cripple or two to put down every year in the late season. I have every year, for the past 8 years I beleive.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know I shoot 'em, DT. I took 5 last year. It was my first year bowhunting, so I guess I can't go back farther than that.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:11 PM

Ok, I see, I was way off here, I thought....nevermind, Im stupid, I get it.... duh....anyway, I have shot a doe before and then 3 minutes later shot a 16" wide 8 pt, he walked right down her path, but I usually hold off on shooting does unless I know my chances of a nice buck are slim. now I will shoot the first doe that walks by opening morning, it's a tradition for me, kind of gets the ball rolling if ya know what I mean..
Old 05-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Atleast 10 doe a season must go in the places i hunt ,more does then you can shake a stick at.Usually i would like to drop 2 does for each buck killed in the area i hunt.
all this talk about not shooting does is preety funny to me .
its not fantasy island we are hunting on (THE PLANE ,THE PLANE)THE BUCK ,THE BUCK .
Plus deer heard mangment to this is preety self explanatory

Old 05-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

here in california you are only alowed 2 bucks forked spike or better. its illegal to shoot does

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.