Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 05-10-2008, 06:15 PM

Default RE: Does anyone NOT shoot doe...

give it 5 yrs deerhunter518, you will be shooting does.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: deerhunter518

here in california you are only alowed 2 bucks forked spike or better. its illegal to shoot does
holy crap i knew there was only one good thing that came from humboldt county and that was in the early 80 s
Old 05-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JoeRE

It ruins less meat with a carefully placed bullet at close range.
A well placed arrow ruins VERY LITTLE meat. Usually just a bit of rib meat, whichI don't use any way.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

On my main farm for this season, I will not be shooting more than 2 doe, if any. And no one else can shoot doe if I have already taken 2, and vise versa. Honestly, I dont want any taken. I would like to increase the numbers of deer on the farm. There is PLENTY of cover, PLENTY of browse and 300acres of crops, plus my food plots. I really believe that this farm can hold at least 2x the amount of deer that are presently there.
Drop, does this mean that you aren't concerned with buck to doe ratios at this particular farm? I mean, I know that my land will hold more deer, but that doesn't mean that I want to have it be 1 buck for 5 or 7 doe. Right now through the cameras, I have a basic idea that it is close to 1 buck to 2 does. Thats in the area that we like, so for every buck we take, we try to take a doe and vice versa.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am curious, how did the numbers get knocked down? Was it statewide like it was here in PA? Or was it just happenstance?
Old 05-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

i dont anymore with regularity for many reasons....

a big reason is the herd is dang near perfect in my eyes and the buck to doe ratio is looking good. the lands i hunt get enough pressure that me NOT taking a doe will keep its stability(not like im the ONLY one hunting there....someone else WILL take a doe or 3 or 4)

another is because i dont have many properties. i just try to rotate them so i dont over hunt any one stand...and as the rut closes in i am in the same area, just sometimes setup differently. so im buck hunting all year...

once in a blue moon i'll get on a property thats over run with deer and take a doe..dad and i love venison...i get the doe tags just to have incase the opprotunity arises...but even then when i get to take a doe its usually on an invite to rifle hunt somewhere or when we are hunting areas we arent allowed to hunt till after rifle season ends...

couple years back when my lands were crawling with deer....well...dad and i ate well first legal deer i saw i took the shot at. we werent picky at all...id still be that way with my bowhunting IF i had those numbers again...

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.