Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Katera XL

Old 05-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Katera XL

I shot all the new Hoyts tonite. Came home with the Trykon XL. Its a sweeet bow. Definately alot smoother draw cycle, and no handshock compared to my Trykon.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great Bow, Good luck with it this season.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the help guys. I just got in from sighting her in. Only shot at 20 yards today. I need to invest in a new target before I get too serious about shooting this summer. My arrows were poking thru my bag target if that tells you how wore out it is. My dealer is going to MAP this bow out for me after I get it all broke in. Can't wait to see what its shooting, my Trykon was pretty fast, this thing is a screamer, and dead silent.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would like to know what, if any, differance there is between the Katera and the Vectrix?
Old 05-11-2008, 11:28 AM

The Katera is a bit faster without losing the smoothness of the Vectrix - in my opinion.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Katera felt a bit smoother to me, with less handshock that the Vectrix or the Vectrix Plus.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is my new baby ready to rock n roll this fall!

What is everyone's preference on quivers? I haven't had a quiver attached to my bow in years, but some of the new quick detach ones look pretty slick.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shooting the XL now for about 2 months. When I switched to Hoyt this year, I needed a bow I could shoot 3D with as well as hunt with this fall. This bow is simply amazing. I got mine with the X3 cam, I liked the draw cycle better with that than the cam 1/2 plus. It shoots amazingly quick and is super eazy to shoot. I have often told people that this bow shoots a 100 x's better than I shoot. If you go shoot one, I promise you will fall in love with it and leave the shop with one. The Hoyt rep in my area has said this is by far the best all around bow Hoyt has ever put out.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I opted for the cam.5 on mine but it is like kickin stated a tack driver - shoots better than I can

Old 05-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

The Hoyt rep in my area has said this is by far the best all around bow Hoyt has ever put out.
That's what they said last year when the Vectrix came out.

Quick Reply: Katera XL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.