Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Season opens Tomorrow for me in MI

Old 05-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Season opens Tomorrow for me in MI

Come on now...we need a story Could you have shot with the boom stick?
Old 05-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

Yes and burnt my blind down,LOL

Here it is in a nut shell. The mosquotes were terrible tonight, I mean bad. So I switch the blind around to shoot through the mesh(shoot through window). At about 6:15PM two big toms and 3 hens were coming to me. I know they will walk right by me. At 40 yard I pick up my bow, at this point it comes to me how big of an idiot I am. I have the rage BH, and I took my two fix I blades out last night.

I decided to let them walk and not try and shoot. I hope they come back, LOL
I put my thermacel in my pack
Old 05-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gary, you put a rubber band on that rage and you can shoot it right thru the mesh. I tried it, it doesn't open going thru the mesh.

You weren't hunting at Coon Creek Hunt Club were ya?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Germ buddy, thats just one for the memory bank....

atleast you THOUGHT about what you did, before shooting and finding out....i dont know how the shoot through mesh works, but i know a snyper will open by passing through a standard garbage bag. probably a good call on not shooting.

if you didnt spook them, and even if you did, sounds like your in a good spot and i will be looking at pics learning how to spoon a longbeard before long...

good luck!!

im heading to bed...and getting off the bowhunting forum...im not werthy to be here...me and my boomstick got a date with a longbeard in the morning! funny..its finals week and i find time to chase birds.... dont worry...i been working on a paper all day so i could hunt tomorrow!
Old 05-06-2008, 05:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Gary, you put a rubber band on that rage and you can shoot it right thru the mesh. I tried it, it doesn't open going thru the mesh.

You weren't hunting at Coon Creek Hunt Club were ya?
It was that bad, LOL I have about 40+ bites just on my hands, I forget my gloves I am putting some rubber bands on them when I log off Thank you
Old 05-06-2008, 05:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Here it is in a nut shell. The mosquotes were terrible tonight, I mean bad. So I switch the blind around to shoot through the mesh(shoot through window). At about 6:15PM two big toms and 3 hens were coming to me. I know they will walk right by me. At 40 yard I pick up my bow, at this point it comes to me how big of an idiot I am. I have the rage BH, and I took my two fix I blades out last night.
I was "going" to respect your wishes and not tell a soul. But...since the cat's outta the bag.....

You're a moron.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Site Buck Guru

Wel, you got that out of the way! Now go get them!

Good luck.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doing better than me Germ!!! I finally had birds answer and I made him leave his hens but he locked up at 80 yards and would not budge!! He finally lost intrest and went back to his hens but we shot some great footage of him spinning and gobbling!! Walt
Old 05-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

Yes and burnt my blind down,LOL

I decided to let them walk and not try and shoot. I hope they come back, LOL
I put my thermacel in my pack
DOH! Stupid skeeters.

Well at least you didn't bugger them up. Good luck next time out.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont feel bad Germ.I had the biggest Turkey I have every seen 10 feet away and of course it was on my right side,No shot.I let him walk off turned and called him back.This time he came behind me.Again I let him walk off and moved again.Called and he hung up and would not come back.I was bragging that I had the perfect set up and he came in every way but the one I was set up for.Im in the moron club as well.GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Season opens Tomorrow for me in MI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.