Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Move over STS, welcome Meanv2

Old 05-03-2008, 05:23 PM

Default Move over STS, welcome Meanv2

I should have known from the start. The STS string supressor sucks, 10 shots and the damn thing came lose from the bracket and then I went and stripped the allen screw trying to tighten it down. I knew they had problems with it, I thought they had fixed it, and the only reason I got it was b/c it was readily available at the shop when I bought the bow. I guess I just should have waited for the Meanv2. I will be ordering one soon!!! In the mean time, is there anything I can do to make work for a few weeks??
Old 05-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Move over STS, welcome Meanv2

WHOA relax....Mine works great! Dont go bashing a product that works great. Sounds like if it came loose it was not set up properly! I have not had a problem since I bought my bow! Why is everyone so quick to bash a product when they have problems?
Old 05-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I should have known from the start. The STS string supressor sucks, 10 shots and the damn thing came lose from the bracket and then I went and stripped the allen screw trying to tighten it down. I knew they had problems with it, I thought they had fixed it, and the only reason I got it was b/c it was readily available at the shop when I bought the bow. I guess I just should have waited for the Meanv2. I will be ordering one soon!!! In the mean time, is there anything I can do to make work for a few weeks??

What you bow doesn't work without a string suppressor????[8D]
Old 05-03-2008, 05:42 PM

twil, I read a lot about the sts, and every complaint was about it coming lose, I mean how hard is it to set it up?? got any suggestions?? BHF, it does shoot without it, I just like the damn thing on it when i shoot..
Old 05-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOCKTITE!
Old 05-03-2008, 05:47 PM

I have to go with Vabowmanon this one. More then once I was out shooting targets and around 15 shots I had to retighten the allen screw. I guess I could of used loc tite but why go through it. I ended up taken my STS off and slid the jax on the cable slide asa damper. Only thing I missed out of the STS is arm slap protection...

As far as what to do in the meantime just shoot. A string suppressor is not needed to hit accurate shots. It's designed to damper vibration.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

why did you buy it if you read so many complaints?
Old 05-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

All my bolts on my bow are loctited... Always have been and always will be!
Old 05-03-2008, 05:51 PM

Like I said, it was last yr when I read it, and I thought they fixed the issue. so your saying yours has never came lose?? well, what do I do about the allen screw?? I mean I rounded the head out tightening it down, can I get one at Lowes?? Depot??
Old 05-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Youshould be able to find one at Lowes or The Home Depot. Just make sure to use a gauge (they usually have them there for those of us who are mechanically challenged) to make sure the thread count is the same.

Quick Reply: Move over STS, welcome Meanv2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.